A bright spot today

Sure, let the bashing begin for my subject line. I am not here to diminish anything that happened today or our horrible execution of defense. However, I think we need to give credit where credit is due. We put up more points on KU than anyone ever has this year. We racked up close to 500 yards against the nation's 5th ranked defense. Their scoring defense was averaging 10 points or so a game and we put up 39 on them. Ganz and Purify picked apart one of the nation's best cornerbacks multiple times today. We put up more than double the pass yard and total yard averages their defense was giving up.

Again, I'm not here trying to pump things up or to give more praise than needed. Just saying we did some great things today against a great team amidst a horrible loss.

Sure, let the bashing begin for my subject line. I am not here to diminish anything that happened today or our horrible execution of defense. However, I think we need to give credit where credit is due. We put up more points on KU than anyone ever has this year. We racked up close to 500 yards against the nation's 5th ranked defense. Their scoring defense was averaging 10 points or so a game and we put up 39 on them. Ganz and Purify picked apart one of the nation's best cornerbacks multiple times today. We put up more than double the pass yard and total yard averages their defense was giving up.

Again, I'm not here trying to pump things up or to give more praise than needed. Just saying we did some great things today against a great team amidst a horrible loss.

we had plenty of attempts...they kicked off to us 12 times...

I think we all know about the defensive problems.....we have hashed it out for weeks and weeks and it would be dumb to beat a dead horse. I think you just have to look at who executes and who doesn't.....plus turnovers. Look at where USC suffered losses this year. Do people think USC is a horrible team now because they lost two games? I hope not....but in those two losses they had massive turnover problems. Doesn't matter who you play, you will lose games when you turn the ball over multiple times.

We can attribute a few touchdowns today to a short field for KU. A hell of a lot easier putting points up when you start inside your opponent's own 30 yard line numerous times because of turnovers.

I think we all know about the defensive problems.....we have hashed it out for weeks and weeks and it would be dumb to beat a dead horse. I think you just have to look at who executes and who doesn't.....plus turnovers. Look at where USC suffered losses this year. Do people think USC is a horrible team now because they lost two games? I hope not....but in those two losses they had massive turnover problems. Doesn't matter who you play, you will lose games when you turn the ball over multiple times.

We can attribute a few touchdowns today to a short field for KU. A hell of a lot easier putting points up when you start inside your opponent's own 30 yard line numerous times because of turnovers.

yep, reminds me of the TT game a few years back.....same sh#t, same coach.

This is sort of analagous to the loss to CU in '01. Anytime the offense puts up 35+ and loses by a large margin there are obvious defensive problems.

Hey, Eric Crouch set some major offensive records in that game! :)

:(

The ONLY bright spot to this crap season is there's only 2 more games left to lose... :madash

The huskers had 14 poss:

Scores

--------

5 TDs (one 2-pt conversion)

1 FG

Turnovers

-----------

4 INTs

1 Fumble

Misc

------

3 Punts (two 3 & out)

That's 6 scores and 5 turnovers that can't be good!

Not to mention losing by 37. Yes seeing Purify play

as well as he did is great. Answer me this, why would

the huskers use the option once or twice and not go

back? It seemed to be effective a little at least. Also,

10 consecutive TD drives for KU! What?! You will

never win that way.