Bowl Game?

Even if they won both games, they will NOT be invited to a bowl. This team sucks, even people from Nebraska would be hard fetched to travel across the country at this point to see them, unless it was for the curiousity factor of wanting to know exactly how bad they could stink up the place.

If this team was invited to a bowl, the right thing would be to just decline. There is no way that they deserve to go. This defense is the worst defense of the schools 114 year history, and for that fact alone everyone involved should feel nothing but shame.

We need a new start, and the sooner the better. If BC and company had any feelings what so ever for the University of Nebraska (which they don't - they are here for the money), or even had any personal pride, they would resign today. They have taken one of the top football programs in the country and run it into the ground. Cosgrove should have resigned at halftime yesterday.

I know we're playing assumptions here, but let's assume we win the next 2 games. We're 6-6. Let's assume Clownahan and company are gone after the CU game and an interim coach coaches the bowl game. I still believe with these changes that NU fans would still travel extremely well. I think a bowl selection committe would want NU in there.

Cow dung and Nebraska

Neither belong in a bowl.

Get this over with. It would serve no purpose for this team being invited anywhere.

Bowls are rewards. This team nor its coaches deserve any reward period. I know all blame the coaches, but these players quit a long time ago. Set their asses at home. I doubt it will even phase them.

And I seriously doubt many think that it would be followed. We have not done well at our low level bowls. This would be the lowest one in history.

I do agree, but we did beat a Wake team at their home place that at one time a week or so ago did break the top 25. Nevada may not be quite as bad as we originally thought after losing in OT to Boise State like 69 to 67. This season has been terrible, but I would like to make a bowl in spite of how things have gone.

We have 2 games left. Considering KState just lost to Iowa State, I think our odds are good especially since the game is at home.

If you're basing your thinking on ISU playing like some bad high school team you better take another look. The Cyclones are playing some good defense and, aside from a couple of blown coverages on Jordy Nelson, looked a lot like a real college football team against KSU on Saturday. They stuffed the run, forced some turnovers and put good pressure on Freeman, getting a couple of sacks and keeping him from checking off from Nelson to any of his other receivers. The offense ran a lot of trap and misdirection at the KSU defense, using their quickness against them. They also grabbed a couple of long gains off of Blythe hitch and go routes up the sideline. The ISU line dominated the KSU defense in the first half and kept Myer and Arnoud from getting pressured.

ISU actually seems to be improving over the season. I wouldn't base my chance of winning against KSU on their showing against the Cyclones. They were definately outcoached and outhustled by a better prepared team.