Bowl Game?

We have 2 games left. Considering KState just lost to Iowa State, I think our odds are good especially since the game is at home. While it will be an extreme challenge, a victory over CU could happen. After watching the beatdown today, what are the odds a bowl would pick us up at 6-6? I realize we travel well an all, but our D is ranked near the lowest in all D1 ball.

I would love to make a bowl game because well I just don't want college football to end for me the day after Turkey day. Yet, I would totally understand why no bowl would want to pick us up either. I'm probably dillusional thinking we will win both games left on the schedule anyway. Hell, I thought KU would run the ball and keep the score close today!

We have 2 games left. Considering KState just lost to Iowa State, I think our odds are good especially since the game is at home. While it will be an extreme challenge, a victory over CU could happen. After watching the beatdown today, what are the odds a bowl would pick us up at 6-6? I realize we travel well an all, but our D is ranked near the lowest in all D1 ball.

I would love to make a bowl game because well I just don't want college football to end for me the day after Turkey day. Yet, I would totally understand why no bowl would want to pick us up either. I'm probably dillusional thinking we will win both games left on the schedule anyway. Hell, I thought KU would run the ball and keep the score close today!

Even if NU wins the final 2 games, I don't think there is any way that a bowl comes calling after the string of embarassing losses. I believe there are 8 bowl slots for the Big 12 and those should all be filled. Nebraska will not get an at large since up to 11 SEC teams will become bowl eligible.

Even if they won both games, they will NOT be invited to a bowl. This team sucks, even people from Nebraska would be hard fetched to travel across the country at this point to see them, unless it was for the curiousity factor of wanting to know exactly how bad they could stink up the place.

If this team was invited to a bowl, the right thing would be to just decline. There is no way that they deserve to go. This defense is the worst defense of the schools 114 year history, and for that fact alone everyone involved should feel nothing but shame.

We need a new start, and the sooner the better. If BC and company had any feelings what so ever for the University of Nebraska (which they don't - they are here for the money), or even had any personal pride, they would resign today. They have taken one of the top football programs in the country and run it into the ground. Cosgrove should have resigned at halftime yesterday.

Guys, bowl selection committees look at two things:

1. Television - will the teams provide a TV draw?

2. Fan traveling - will the fans travel and pump money into the local economy?

If NU wins out, then I have to think some bowl, somewhere, would want NU for those reasons. Not saying that is a good thing or a bad thing, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised with some kind of a bid.

Nebraska in a bowl game? Nothing personal but are you nuts? Who would they play, Southwest Eastern Northwest by North Tennessee State...? :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Cow dung and Nebraska

Neither belong in a bowl.

Get this over with. It would serve no purpose for this team being invited anywhere.

Bowls are rewards. This team nor its coaches deserve any reward period. I know all blame the coaches, but these players quit a long time ago. Set their asses at home. I doubt it will even phase them.

And I seriously doubt many think that it would be followed. We have not done well at our low level bowls. This would be the lowest one in history.

Cow dung and Nebraska

Neither belong in a bowl.

Get this over with. It would serve no purpose for this team being invited anywhere.

Bowls are rewards. This team nor its coaches deserve any reward period. I know all blame the coaches, but these players quit a long time ago. Set their asses at home. I doubt it will even phase them.

And I seriously doubt many think that it would be followed. We have not done well at our low level bowls. This would be the lowest one in history.

Very good post...