Cosgrove's past jobs

He sucked at his past jobs too. Just go ask Wisconsin

That's kind of why I asked. By brother-in-law lived in Wisconsin up until a couple of years ago and according to my wife, he thought Cos did a good job. My brother-in-law is pretty sports savvy.....I think <_<

No disrespect toward Wisconsin...but they've never really been a national powerhouse of 30 years + consective top 25 rankings. They've always been good...but they just don't have the tradition that NU has.

Cosgrove is probably a serviceable DC to a place that doesn't expect perfection. We've been spoiled the last 35 years. We expect more.

No disrespect toward Wisconsin...but they've never really been a national powerhouse of 30 years + consective top 25 rankings. They've always been good...but they just don't have the tradition that NU has.

Cosgrove is probably a serviceable DC to a place that doesn't expect perfection. We've been spoiled the last 35 years. We expect more.

That's a good answer. When coaching defense for as storied a unit as the Blackshirts of Nebraska one must aspire to excellence, and not the kind of excellence that BC imagines.

Interesting - Wisconsin has traditionally been a power running team. Control the clock, keep the defense off the field. Could it be that the reason they never saw this kind of a melt down with Cosgrove is due to the fact that they limited the dependence on the defense? In other words, unlike with the hot-and-cold offense we've seen at NU these past four years, in which the defense frequently has been called upon to bail out the offense and has had to remain on the field for extended periods of time throughout games?

Coaching Experience: 1980-82, Illinois (graduate assistant); 1983-87 Illinois (assistant coach/linebackers); 1988, Southeast Missouri State (defensive coordinator/linebackers); 1989, Colorado State (assistant coach/linebackers); 1990-94, Wisconsin, (assistant coach/linebackers); 1995-03, Wisconsin (defensive coordinator/linebackers); 2004, Nebraska (defensive coordinator/inside linebackers); 2005-present, Nebraska (defensive coordinator/linebackers)

From his Husker.com bio