Good News Bad News

Post your good news - bad news insights into your personal life regarding Husker football:

My bad news: I have to get up early and drive up to Lincoln to attend the KSU game Saturday while picking up two K State friends in Manhattan (running laterally) before taking the 'ball south to north and running uphill all the way to Nebraska'. These K Staters have never been to a game at Memorial and when I bought the tickets I thought it would be an enjoyable college game day experience to share with them. I have a feeling my friends from KSU are going to have a lot better game day than the wife and me.

My good news: I did not buy tickets to the CU game so I can turn off the tv before throwing something through it. :sarcasm

More good news - bad news from my Husker Vision:

Good news: I knew how to avoid the KU scums that put the F bomb in every sentence they usually yell at Nebraskans (and most other visiting football fans I've attending games with my now graduated daughter on Dad's Days) and actually had a nice college game experience with my wife and tailgaters I had invited yesterday...other than the mess on the field.

Bad news: I haven't seen any posts of moving van pictures in front of HCBC or DCKC's homes. And I was one of the last supporters of the current coaching staff on this board.

This week is going to be a long one living in Kansas with all of the contacts that I've made...at least I never rubbed it in their noses over the past 25 years while living here so hopefully I don't get a snoot full this week. It was bad enough having my family attend the USC game in LA last year and then the 'rematch' here this year with so many of us in attendance.

I guess you have to hit rock bottom before changes are made and build yourself back up to what was once a proud program.

Post your good news - bad news insights into your personal life regarding Husker football:

My bad news: I have to get up early and drive up to Lincoln to attend the KSU game Saturday while picking up two K State friends in Manhattan (running laterally) before taking the 'ball south to north and running uphill all the way to Nebraska'. These K Staters have never been to a game at Memorial and when I bought the tickets I thought it would be an enjoyable college game day experience to share with them. I have a feeling my friends from KSU are going to have a lot better game day than the wife and me.

My good news: I did not buy tickets to the CU game so I can turn off the tv before throwing something through it. :sarcasm

Good News: The two veterans from IRAQ that attended our tailgate party are awesome ambassadors of our military and our great State. They (and the lovely ladies with them) were a hit at the party... Thanks guys and thank you for your service!

Bad News: The reservations that didn't show up...we had to throw out a lot of food. I guess I know why you want PAID reservations in advance for 'guests'. Coloradians for Nebraska....glad I took time out of my busy day Friday to find you hotel availability and to make sure I had food and adult beverages for you but you couldn't take time to let me know you you wouldn't be at our tailgate even with all of our cell phone contact info?

It is time to get on some meds over this season so I can finally chill...I keep calling out fellow 'skers on how they respond to us trying to be good hosts. Jeez.

More good news - bad news from my Husker Vision:

Good news: I knew how to avoid the KU scums that put the F bomb in every sentence they usually yell at Nebraskans (and most other visiting football fans I've attending games with my now graduated daughter on Dad's Days) and actually had a nice college game experience with my wife and tailgaters I had invited yesterday...other than the mess on the field.

Bad news: I haven't seen any posts of moving van pictures in front of HCBC or DCKC's homes. And I was one of the last supporters of the current coaching staff on this board.

This week is going to be a long one living in Kansas with all of the contacts that I've made...at least I never rubbed it in their noses over the past 25 years while living here so hopefully I don't get a snoot full this week. It was bad enough having my family attend the USC game in LA last year and then the 'rematch' here this year with so many of us in attendance.

I guess you have to hit rock bottom before changes are made and build yourself back up to what was once a proud program.

Update: Mention of the tailgate party were before and after the KU v NU 'episode on the field' Saturday!