After yesterday

I listened up until about halftime, and at that point, I just couldn't take it anymore.

I really don't think I have the words to describe what I was hearing. I'm imagining if there'd have been a radio broadcast of Custer getting his ass handed to him at the little big horn, it probably would have been pretty similar.

As for the running up the score, we do deserve it. And if they could have scored a few more times, they should have. Anything that will get tweedle dee and tweedle dum out of here any faster, then so be it.

I came in to work tonight and was lit up by the sports casters here at my job. This is getting f*cking embarrassing.

T.O. should just fire him now, name himself interim coach, and start looking twords next year...

Let's talk about running it up! This was a hot topic at my tailgate party after the game.

My Dad, age 79 next Saturday, was pissed off DURING the game and was trying to mix it up with the KU fans sitting all around us. Dad is a great sport until yesterday by the way. He wanted us to take any first teamers still playing half way into the 4th quarter out. Thankfully, the KU fans just tuned him out or just glared at him and said nothing out of respect for his age.

Anyway, my argument was yes, NU scored incredible scores but the difference was Devaney and Osborne ALWAYS pulled the first team after the second series of the second half in order to get the second team some experience against the opponent's first team. That is how you build a program.

And, we beat UCLA in the early 80's in Memorial and took a knee in a close game on the goal line...I looked at my wife and said since we play in LA next year we just won a mind game with them and sure enough went to the Rose Bowl and beat them the next year.

And, I remember a kid from my high school that was a walk - on could have scored against ARMY for his first ever and final chance to score a touchdown as he wasn't even on the depth chart. We already had 70 points on the board and he was told to take a knee inside the 5 so not to embarrass further a military service school outgunned that day in 1973 or so.

BTW, my dad was interviewed by a new college sports cable tv network before the A&M game for broadcasting after 1/1/08. He told a great story of walking from Memorial Stadium south to the prison to hitchhike back home. His ride would take him to all the games but it was up to his brother and him to find transportation home because his ride to Lincoln would party after the game.

The old days have caught up with us. Today, I wouldn't call it 'party after the game' but more like drown our sorrows.

Let's talk about running it up!

Yeah, they should have pulled the first team...but did you ever think that maybe they don't have a second team? Lol.

Kansas should be concerned about their defense...they let us score 39 points on them and get a lot of yards. I think they may be in for 2 or three losses yet this year unless that was a fluke. Missouri, Oklahoma, and maybe whoever they get in a bowl game. Then you never know about Iowa State...they do get lucky every now and then...lol.

The only reason KU didn't get more yards than the 572 that they did: we kept turning over the ball on our side of the field and gave them a short field, otherwise if we would have punted the ball to the other end, they would have gotten 800 yards against us...lol. I could drive my truck thru the holes that the defense is leaving open...and tackling....non-existent. This is the worst defense in the history of NU football.