Coach Callahan Show

Dave M.

I was expecting him to say 'They had guys, big guys. Sometimes they would run, like right in the empty spaces. They werent even going towards our guys. For some reason they were going away from our guys. How are you supposed to cover that? When they didnt run, they would pass the ball and their receivers would catch it. There are no defensive plays to stop that. Its very technical, but they run an offense that is nearly impossible to cover. They run, they pass, they score. We were doing our best job out there. I feel good for our guys. They put up 39 points against a top 5 team. No other team in history has done that against Kansas this year. That is something that proves Im doing an excellent job. Osborne is a word of his man and I expect to be here next year.'

Ah-HAH! So - you're "Bill from Lincoln"!!!

I don't know why Dr Tom would allow this to continue any longer. Losses like these hurt your program and make it harder for the next coach to turn the ship around.

When your ship is headed for the falls if you can't turn it around you at least try to beach it and get out.

You don't just sit there and ride it over the falls.

Well it looks like that what we are going to do at A&M and it looks like that's what Nebraska is doing? :thumbs

well maybe TO is rubbing it in to callahans face that he sucks at coaching and should never coach again

I don't know why Dr Tom would allow this to continue any longer. Losses like these hurt your program and make it harder for the next coach to turn the ship around.

When your ship is headed for the falls if you can't turn it around you at least try to beach it and get out.

You don't just sit there and ride it over the falls.

Well it looks like that what we are going to do at A&M and it looks like that's what Nebraska is doing? :thumbs

But what would it accomplish to fire anyone now? We would still need a staff to guide this team through the next few games. It's not realistic to expect someone to come in here and run this team for the next few weeks, nor is it realistic to expect to have someone hired on a permanent basis in the next few weeks.

If our soon-to-be-former Head Coach and our soon-to-be-former DefenSieve Coordinator were the only two who got canned it would make more sense.