KSU and CU

HSKRNOKC

OK, but you don't mind if we bring up the 5th down again then, do you? :lol:

I didn't see it, but it sounds screwy. It will be interesting to see what the conference officials have to say about it.

At least the 5th down was the call made on the field. In this one the call made on the field was "field goal is good, let's go to overtime." Then they changed it to "nevermind, no field goal, no overtime".

That noise was then followed by a cartoonish scuttling noise as the refs ran off the field without talking to either of the coaches or using the technology on hand to review the play (had they done so, the field goal would have counted).

That's bullsh#t if this is true!!!! :angry:

I didn't see it, but it sounds screwy. It will be interesting to see what the conference officials have to say about it.

At least the 5th down was the call made on the field. In this one the call made on the field was "field goal is good, let's go to overtime." Then they changed it to "nevermind, no field goal, no overtime".

That noise was then followed by a cartoonish scuttling noise as the refs ran off the field without talking to either of the coaches or using the technology on hand to review the play (had they done so, the field goal would have counted).

Maybe so, but we should have never put ourselves in that posistion. The blame can only go to ourselves.

Maybe so, but we should have never put ourselves in that posistion. The blame can only go to ourselves.

Sounds like Hawkins didn't really care about field position???

For Maryland guy, you can try an discredit our title all you want, but if you really look into that year let's disuss the your team's defensive collapse in the 4th Quarter where Bienemy dominated the game. The situation could have easily been dealt with right there but your school failed, don't try and hang your coat on some other school, take care of the business at hand.

whoa there, partner. i never said anything about our performance (or lack thereof) that year, nor am I "hanging my coat" on some other school. We had the same situation (shared title due to an officiating blunder) in 1997, but my point is THAT ISN'T OUR ONLY title. Yours is, and it was based on not one, but TWO missteps by the zebras, and the other poster is defending that.

BTW, what is it exactly with all you Buffs over here on OUR board? gtfoslap.gif

NOT COOL MARYLAND!!! I would rather have some fans from every team in the nation on here so we can get their opinions on things as well. I'm a member over at allbuffs.com so I can have some good discussions with them. They have never told me to get off of their board and it actually creates some good discussions. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it though. Welcome Buff fans look forward to the game in 2 weeks. :thumbs

Listen, I hope you dont take offense to my post. I think your a great fan. just dont care for CU fans in general. In the words of Buck Wheat... You are OOOO'Tay.

None taken, and I'm not trying to make a general statement about CU fans here. All I'm saying is that if you're expecting Folsom to look like the Thunderdome 2 weeks from now, you're probably going to be sorely disappointed (or perhaps "relieved" would be the better adjective).

I've been to Boulder for the annual NU vs. CU game 3 times. Not once have I walked away saying, "I can't believe there wasn't an incident today."

I actually like the environment. I love telling CU fans to go buy another Yakima bike/ski rack to place atop their car, and how sweet that carabiner looks on their key-chain...or how they're so "blessed" that they have taken-up residence in a state where plate-tectonics was once very active. Congrats on the mountains, CU fans...congrats.

Year after year, I yearn for the opportunity to go watch NU vs. CU, and to observe the many metrosexual-pseudo-mountain climbers watch CU get decimated by us redneck, "soil-monitoring", farmers/hicks.

Listen, I hope you dont take offense to my post. I think your a great fan. just dont care for CU fans in general. In the words of Buck Wheat... You are OOOO'Tay.

None taken, and I'm not trying to make a general statement about CU fans here. All I'm saying is that if you're expecting Folsom to look like the Thunderdome 2 weeks from now, you're probably going to be sorely disappointed (or perhaps "relieved" would be the better adjective).

I've been to Boulder for the annual NU vs. CU game 3 times. Not once have I walked away saying, "I can't believe there wasn't an incident today."

I actually like the environment. I love telling CU fans to go buy another Yakima bike/ski rack to place atop their car, and how sweet that carabiner looks on their key-chain...or how they're so "blessed" that they have taken-up residence in a state where plate-tectonics was once very active. Congrats on the mountains, CU fans...congrats.

Year after year, I yearn for the opportunity to go watch NU vs. CU, and to observe the many metrosexual-pseudo-mountain climbers watch CU get decimated by us redneck, "soil-monitoring", farmers/hicks.

LOL, now here is a true fan.......

Finally, I'm assuming that you are considering the CNN/USA Today poll as contributing to your 2/3 trophy (which I'm having a hard time figuring out why you are so proud of that accomplishment?)? Yes, they also selected CU as NC, but if you are going to go outside the true 2 NC selection polls, AP and UPI, then Miami was also the NC that year, since the NY Times selected them. I guess that takes back the 1/3 you added, so you are down from 1/2 to 1/3 now.

So like I said in my original post (now modified for the corrected amount of NC you own) - take your 1/3 NC trophy that you are so proud of (still can't get my mind around that one) and start climbing until you run out of air

The only poll that ever mattered in my book was the coaches poll. How can you award an NCAA national title when you're not part of the NCAA? The writers poll is irrellevant.