Bill Cowher/ Tony Dungy

I am not sure why we aren't discussing the cream of the crop. Why not Cowher, Dungy, Stoops?

Would we have to pay them $8 million a year? Yes, so what. Can you imagine how much money is going to be lost over the next 5-10 years if we hire another dud? Go with a proven leader, now. Not someone we hope will turn out to be good.

This is Nebraska football.

I am not sure why we aren't discussing the cream of the crop. Why not Cowher, Dungy, Stoops?

Would we have to pay them $8 million a year? Yes, so what. Can you imagine how much money is going to be lost over the next 5-10 years if we hire another dud? Go with a proven leader, now. Not someone we hope will turn out to be good.

This is Nebraska football.

Typically, NFL coaches don't like the recruiting aspect of college. And, professionally, it's considered a step down.

When coaches tire of the pros' attitude, then they consider college. Dungy has a pretty good situation - why would he leave? However, he's certainly a type of coach we should look for.

Zero chance Dungy would leave Indianapolis to coach Nebraska.

Zero chance Cowher would even be interested.

And I'm assuming you are referring to Bob Stoops? Zero chance he's leaving Oklahoma for Nebraska.

Zero chance Dungy would leave Indianapolis to coach Nebraska.

Zero chance Cowher would even be interested.

And I'm assuming you are referring to Bob Stoops? Zero chance he's leaving Oklahoma for Nebraska.

I can see CDowher taking the job. But not this year.