Recruiting note

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Starz or no starz these kids are just that, high school kids. There development into college players depends a great deal on how quickly they can mature and how coachable they are. You can get by on athletic ability alone in HS but when it comes to college its a whole new ballgame. HS to college to the pros, its a different world at each level. Some make it, most don't. We lost Gabbert, who cares, Joe Daly is now a receiver, heard anything from Harrison Beck lately? The only thing we have to worry about right now is... WHO THE NEW COACH WILL BE AND IS HE THE RIGHT GUY FOR NEBRASKA.

...T_O_B

So..How many *'s do you think Smash Williams will get?

Just watched Friday Night Lights" and his fictional character is being recruited by some lowlife colleges..He's milking it for all the illegal inducements he can get and his master plan is to bolt for the NFL when he turns 21.

In the past, it seems like we've avoided these type of players, but I'm also reminded of LP for some reason.

I liked the way Gabbert was trying to "recruit" potential team mates..I think he'll do well.

Starz or no starz these kids are just that, high school kids. There development into college players depends a great deal on how quickly they can mature and how coachable they are. You can get by on athletic ability alone in HS but when it comes to college its a whole new ballgame. HS to college to the pros, its a different world at each level. Some make it, most don't. We lost Gabbert, who cares, Joe Daly is now a receiver, heard anything from Harrison Beck lately? The only thing we have to worry about right now is... WHO THE NEW COACH WILL BE AND IS HE THE RIGHT GUY FOR NEBRASKA.

...T_O_B

regardless the stars, coaching is everything when making the transistion.

The dude was a 2 star quarterback. Sure's hell played like a 5 star guy last week, didn't he?

Well we should probably give Callahan some credit for developing Ganz.

yeah, but anyone who sat on the bench for 3 years ought to know a little about the system. i think it is more Ganz's ability to move and see the field that has made him successful.