Tom Osborne emphatic

holy sh#t, i am getting nervous. i just don't think T.O. can make BC change and that is the only way the bastard will change, under duress.

i think he is way too proud to knuckle under to T.O. , way too proud.

25th can't come quick enough, but i will be pissed if he gives BC another year! chuckleshuffle:box

I don't think TO can give BC another chane without his own credibility coming into questioning. Listen all the possible candidates mentioned are way better than BC because they are all into college football. They understand what to do unlike BC. Since BC hasn't fired any of his staff yet, he won't no matter what TO says and therefore BC can't stay.

IMO either way this shakes out won't cause Tom to worry about his credibility. He will do what he thinks is best for the school, the program, the Coaches and the players before he ever gives a wit about himself except for keeping his word that the decision will be made after the season.

Some gut feeling tells me Osborne won't fire him. I still understand why the interim AD should make the decision, what if the guy that Osborne hires isn't liked by the permanant AD? Pederson/Solich all over again. I guess i could understand Osborne firing Callahan, but i don't think Osborne should do any hiring.

I can understand TO wanting to make the most educated decision possible. But if BC stays I would really have to question the way TO has handled this. The rumor-circus has run-amuck and big recruits have jumped-ship. If BC has a solid shot at staying TO should have been pro-active. He should have given BC some public support. He hasn't. If you look "between the lines" it appears that BC is a goner(which I hope is true), but if he isn't then what is up with letting it look like he is?

Some gut feeling tells me Osborne won't fire him. I still understand why the interim AD should make the decision, what if the guy that Osborne hires isn't liked by the permanant AD? Pederson/Solich all over again. I guess i could understand Osborne firing Callahan, but i don't think Osborne should do any hiring.

I can understand TO wanting to make the most educated decision possible. But if BC stays I would really have to question the way TO has handled this. The rumor-circus has run-amuck and big recruits have jumped-ship. If BC has a solid shot at staying TO should have been pro-active. He should have given BC some public support. He hasn't. If you look "between the lines" it appears that BC is a goner(which I hope is true), but if he isn't then what is up with letting it look like he is?

:yeah

I agree if Osborne lets Callahan come back then the blame of a bad recruiting year falls on T.O. and Callahan.

TO hasn't exactly 'let it'. He has reminded us repeatedly that he has not, and will not make any such decision during the regular season. People aren't listening to him.

TO hasn't exactly 'let it'. He has reminded us repeatedly that he has not, and will not make any such decision during the regular season. People aren't listening to him.

The above quote is what I find interesting. TO is good. He says he wont make any decisions til after the end of the season (Saturday). Am I to belive then that he doesnt have a decision made and that the results of the CU game are going to sway his decison one way of the other for his final decision less than 24 hours later?

It seems to me that either a decision has been made or this Saturday meeting is not going to be a hire/fire meeting.

Hmmm...............

If TO fires cally next Saturday, it will look like the firing rumors were true.

If the firing rumors are true, it would mean the TO was less than honest about his claims that he hasn't decided yet, because all the rumors say he has.... and some time ago.

IF he hasn't decided by now, what difference would the 24 hours or so following the game make? Does that mean Cally and staff have their jobs riding on ONE game? CU.

The firing rumors and all the rumors that he has already made up his mind to fire the staff almost backs TO into the corner, making it more likely he keeps Cally.

Then he can say-

I told you I hadn't decided yet. The rumors would be proven false and add crediblity to TO's insistence that it wasn't a done deal.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the rumors spread all over the media (internet/talk radio, etc.) -- that TO decided when or as he took the AD job ACTUALLY protected Cally/staff???

BEAT CU!!

i find it hard to believe one game, against CU, is going to make any difference. if Os doesn't fire cally i think there will be a huge uproar in Husker Nation.

it may well be that Os did not want to look beholden to the boosters and delayed his decision to make it seem he was not beinmg swayed by the money guys.

i find it hard to believe one game, against CU, is going to make any difference. if Os doesn't fire cally i think there will be a huge uproar in Husker Nation.

it may well be that Os did not want to look beholden to the boosters and delayed his decision to make it seem he was not beinmg swayed by the money guys.

I'm going to respectfully disagree.

IMO-- IF TO decides that Cally should stay (which I doubt), the HUGE majority of husker fans will back his decision. They'll listen to his reasoning and give cally another chance.

IF cally continues to fail (which I doubt) then TO will tarnish his image.

If cally revamps the staff and improves next season (as I believe he would) the TO actually improves his image (if such a thing is possible!!). Ganz proves, like it or not, that this system can work. There are many talented youngins on the roster that are learning it.

Starting over with a new system will undo much of what has been taught, putting the team back to square one and totally confuse the youngins (much as cally did with the solich guys). Remember his first year? He confused a 10-3 team. Think what a new system would do to a 6-6 or 5-7 team!!

I think cally will be fired, and the next coach will struggle mightily, will not be given the time needed to restore the order and start the revolving door.

Again, my opinions all. Yours will vary.

BEAT CU!!

IMO-- IF TO decides that Cally should stay (which I doubt), the HUGE majority of husker fans will back his decision. They'll listen to his reasoning and give cally another chance.

If cally revamps the staff and improves next season (as I believe he would) the TO actually improves his image (if such a thing is possible!!). Ganz proves, like it or not, that this system can work. There are many talented youngins on the roster that are learning it.

Starting over with a new system will undo much of what has been taught, putting the team back to square one and totally confuse the youngins (much as cally did with the solich guys). Remember his first year? He confused a 10-3 team. Think what a new system would do to a 6-6 or 5-7 team!!

I think cally will be fired, and the next coach will struggle mightily, will not be given the time needed to restore the order and start the revolving door.

BEAT CU!!

any new offensive system installed by a new coach could not be as complicated or mindless as cally's WCO.

BEAT CU!!

any new offensive system installed by a new coach could not be as complicated or mindless as cally's WCO.

Certainly worth hoping, but without knowing who the new coach is, or the scheme --- impossible to say. It may indeed be as complicated as Cally's. Don't know yet.

Cally's playbook certainly isn't mindless, he's accused of having exactly the opposite- a playbook that is too difficult for college players.

Just because your playbook weighs 7 pounds, doesn't mean you've taught the whole thing to players or even attempted to. I suspect many coaches scale back their playbook or only use parts of it, depends on the personel you have.

BEAT CU!!