Who would you rather play

husker rob

LETS END THE ARGUMENT  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OU every day of the week and 2x on Sunday. The back and forth of the games, who wuld win and who would lose, made the rivalry in the first place. anything could and did happen. CU u just dont have the honor of the "real" rival. But ur still fun to play on occasion. lol

:bonez

Ummm, I am trying to figure out how to word this without sounding really negative, but what has honor got to do with a football game? There seems to be some perception that we need you to acknowledge that a rivalry exists. It doesn't matter, it is irrelevant, for me I love beating you guys, for you perhaps it is just another game but it doesn't really matter. The NCAA does not place added emphasis in standings or bowl seedings based upon so called rivalry games. From a CU fan's perspective we take a bit more satisfaction each season when we beat CSU and we take a hell of a lot of satisfaction when we beat Nebraska. Obviously for you, you took no increased satisfaction this season or the remaining part of your season since you played no one special, in your opinion.

You comments do not offend me at all, mainly because you are now in a huge minority. The evidence is a certain poll right here on this site conducted a couple of weeks ago about if the Huskers could beat anyone with their remaining schedule who would you want them to beat, I would venture to say at least 85% in favor of kicking our asses and then shoving our noses in it....lol.

:hmmph

Honestly, I don't think most Buffs fans give two poopies whether Nebraska views us as their "traditional rival". For the past 20 years, the NU/CU game has had significant implications more often than it hasn't, and both fanbases dislike eachother a great deal, so I think it's pretty safe to say that it's a rivalry game. Whether you view it as your "true" rivalry game, or however else you want to phrase it, is a fairly moot point. There's a rivalry between the two schools, it's a rivalry game.

Rivalry games are also fun. You might want to try enjoying it instead of throwing a fit over it.

If you don't give "two poopies", why do you constantly insist on chiming-in? Where, might I add, your input on the subject isn't really wanted, nor necessary.

Not that I don't think you should read or post on HB, but this was obviously a poll for NEBRASKA FANS. I like having other fans on this board...just stop trying to be passive-aggressive on every damn topic that comes up.

That is, unless, perhaps you'd rather play OU than CU the day after Thanksgiving? :wtf

*EDIT -- P.S. I hate bye-weeks.

I'd rather lose every year to OU the day after TG than to cream a low-rent program like CU every year. I don't want Buff fans in Memorial Stadium and I certainly wouldn't set foot in Boulder for a game... i had an offer for 4 box seats for free for this year's game. Staying home.

Would you care to delicately backhand your forehead before dropping your victorian umbrella and fainting, Mrs. Gish?

I'd rather lose every year to OU the day after TG than to cream a low-rent program like CU every year. I don't want Buff fans in Memorial Stadium and I certainly wouldn't set foot in Boulder for a game... i had an offer for 4 box seats for free for this year's game. Staying home.

Would you care to delicately backhand your forehead before dropping your victorian umbrella and fainting, Mrs. Gish?

That's no kidding. I'll take 'em. :o

Ummm, I am trying to figure out how to word this without sounding really negative, but what has honor got to do with a football game? There seems to be some perception that we need you to acknowledge that a rivalry exists. It doesn't matter, it is irrelevant, for me I love beating you guys, for you perhaps it is just another game but it doesn't really matter. The NCAA does not place added emphasis in standings or bowl seedings based upon so called rivalry games. From a CU fan's perspective we take a bit more satisfaction each season when we beat CSU and we take a hell of a lot of satisfaction when we beat Nebraska. Obviously for you, you took no increased satisfaction this season or the remaining part of your season since you played no one special, in your opinion.

This whole post, but the underlined part especially, is why Colorado fans just don't get it. The fact that you even bring this up is explanation in itself. Ask a fan of Cal or Stanford what honor there is in their game. Ask a Florida or a Georgia fan that question. Ask a Buckeye or Wolverine. Nebraska/Oklahoma was special, no matter who won. To not grasp that, and the reasons why, answers your question right there.

As for what makes a rivalry, you are absolutely wrong if you think one school's lack of participation in the "rivalry" is meaningless. Again, your statement answers the question.

It's like the average guy trying to get the cute girl to go out with him. If he keeps trying and trying and trying even when she shows no interest, he's going to drive her away.

If Colorado would stop this "rivalry" nonsense and just play every year, and if both schools can get back to what they were in their respective 'glory days,' this may eventually turn into a rivalry. However, it would help if CU would tack on a few conference titles and one or two National Championships (aside from the Fifth Down Season split "championship" CU has now). It is exceedingly difficult for a team and a fanbase accustomed to spending their time vying for a National Championship to consider a team that hasn't won so much as a conference title five times in the last 50 years a true rival.

Equality is key in a rivalry, after all.

vote now and show sCUm fans what NU fans really think of the "Rivalry" that was created in the mind of one man.

How is this even mildly relevant? I don't think any CU fans are under the impression that you'd rather play us than Oklahoma, so what's the point?

Vote now and show these MIT students that the world is not flat, but rather a sphere!

it is relevant bacause the all time series with OU is pretty close with OU having the edge by about 7 or 8 games over almost 90 years.

where as the series with sCUm is so lopsided, something like 44-17-2 give or take a couple games, yet you think it is a rivalry

9 times out of 10 the NU/OU game winner was the confrence champion and most of the time the winner had a shot at the National title.

vote now and show sCUm fans what NU fans really think of the "Rivalry" that was created in the mind of one man.

How is this even mildly relevant? I don't think any CU fans are under the impression that you'd rather play us than Oklahoma, so what's the point?

Vote now and show these MIT students that the world is not flat, but rather a sphere!

it is relevant bacause the all time series with OU is pretty close with OU having the edge by about 7 or 8 games over almost 90 years.

where as the series with sCUm is so lopsided, something like 44-17-2 give or take a couple games, yet you think it is a rivalry

Well the rivalry really only started with McCartney, so the last 20 years of the record are really all that's relevant to the series in a "rivalry" context (though you're obviously free to throw our 1898 context into the mix if you really want to). Over those 20 years, Nebraska leads the series 12 to 6, with a tie in 1991.

The games in 88, 89, 91(tie), 93, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, and 04 were all decided by a touchdown or less, with Nebraska winning 7 of those 9 games (98, 99, and 00 coming as losses to CU in particularly excruciating fashion). If CU gets one or two breaks in those games (a receiver doesn't drop a pass, a kicker doesn't lay out the worst squib kick in the history of mankind, etc) the season series over that time could easily be split 9 to 9, or even fall to CU's favor.

The point of what I'm getting at is this: The 100+ years of CU/NU games are clearly lopsided, but the history of the actual rivalry (mid 80's through present) has been absolutely spectacular. Half the games being decided by 7 or fewer points, classic finishes, program defining wins (01 for CU, and don't even try to act like 94 didn't mean a lot in Lincoln), and a lot of good old fashioned American disdain shared between the two fan bases.

Yeah, it's not Oklahoma... whatever. I love this rivalry for what it is, regardless of whether you want to complain about it for what it isn't.

ill take colorado because we always get our heart broken by oklahoma

No we don't . There are times when we've have won against Oklahoma and it was the greatest feeling I had till I have my kids. Even when we didn't win the excitement was amazing, the electricity in the stadium was something I haven't seen repeated. I'd take a loss to OU the day after T-day, whether than a win over CU. It's that kind of rivalry.

ill take colorado because we always get our heart broken by oklahoma

No we don't . There are times when we've have won against Oklahoma and it was the greatest feeling I had till I have my kids. Even when we didn't win the excitement was amazing, the electricity in the stadium was something I haven't seen repeated. I'd take a loss to OU the day after T-day, whether than a win over CU. It's that kind of rivalry.

ignore him, he is only 15 or 16 so he doesnt understand the history of the matchup

Well the rivalry really only started with McCartney, so the last 20 years of the record are really all that's relevant to the series in a "rivalry" context (though you're obviously free to throw our 1898 context into the mix if you really want to). Over those 20 years, Nebraska leads the series 12 to 6, with a tie in 1991.

The games in 88, 89, 91(tie), 93, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, and 04 were all decided by a touchdown or less, with Nebraska winning 7 of those 9 games (98, 99, and 00 coming as losses to CU in particularly excruciating fashion). If CU gets one or two breaks in those games (a receiver doesn't drop a pass, a kicker doesn't lay out the worst squib kick in the history of mankind, etc) the season series over that time could easily be split 9 to 9, or even fall to CU's favor.

The point of what I'm getting at is this: The 100+ years of CU/NU games are clearly lopsided, but the history of the actual rivalry (mid 80's through present) has been absolutely spectacular. Half the games being decided by 7 or fewer points, classic finishes, program defining wins (01 for CU, and don't even try to act like 94 didn't mean a lot in Lincoln), and a lot of good old fashioned American disdain shared between the two fan bases.

Yeah, it's not Oklahoma... whatever. I love this rivalry for what it is, regardless of whether you want to complain about it for what it isn't.

yeah, and if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle

even in the last 20 years very few NU/CU games decided a confrence championship and a chance to play for a NC

and the last 20 years CU really closed the gap going 5-14-1

dont give me the close game argument, it is about the W's and L's

try selling it somewhere else, cause no one here is buying it