Who would you rather play

husker rob

LETS END THE ARGUMENT  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

even in the last 20 years very few NU/CU games decided a conference championship and a chance to play for a NC

dont give me the close game argument, it is about the W's and L's

try selling it somewhere else, cause no one here is buying it

Talk about W's and L's all you want, but when half of the games in a 20 year span are decided by an average of under 4 points, you've got yourself a damn fine series.

In terms of your Nebraska/Oklahoma rivalry idol worship...

You need to get your head out of the 1970's - couches no longer come with flower print polyester designs, Jimmy Carter is not the president of the United States, and the Oklahoma and Nebraska football teams are no longer the only programs in the country vying for a national title.

You act as though if you played Oklahoma every season Mike Rozier and Billy Sims would descend from the heavens and the Sooners and Huskers would magically be ranked numbers 1 and 2 in the country, after having beaten their previous 9 opponents by a combined scores of 2,786 to 18.

In reality, even in a year that both of your teams are at the absolute top of their games, you'd both likely have at least one loss, probably two, you'd both be floating somewhere in the top 15 in the country, and you'd both be extremely beaten up and exhausted from having to play 6 or 7 quality opponents. You'd both watch your players line up and throw the ball all over the field, and then you'd both walk out into the parking lot and talk to the opposing fans about how much you miss the way the rivalry used to be ("man, we schud gaw back ta da opshun, man. Dat was fuuuun!"). And that's in an on year... in a rebuilding year for either school? Forget about it.

even in the last 20 years very few NU/CU games decided a conference championship and a chance to play for a NC

dont give me the close game argument, it is about the W's and L's

try selling it somewhere else, cause no one here is buying it

Talk about W's and L's all you want, but when half of the games in a 20 year span are decided by an average of under 4 points, you've got yourself a damn fine series.

In terms of your Nebraska/Oklahoma rivalry idol worship...

You need to get your head out of the 1970's - couches no longer come with flower print polyester designs, Jimmy Carter is not the president of the United States, and the Oklahoma and Nebraska football teams are no longer the only programs in the country vying for a national title.

You act as though if you played Oklahoma every season Mike Rozier and Billy Sims would descend from the heavens and the Sooners and Huskers would magically be ranked numbers 1 and 2 in the country, after having beaten their previous 9 opponents by a combined scores of 2,786 to 18.

In reality, even in a year that both of your teams are at the absolute top of their games, you'd both likely have at least one loss, probably two, you'd both be floating somewhere in the top 15 in the country, and you'd both be extremely beaten up and exhausted from having to play 6 or 7 quality opponents. You'd both watch your players line up and throw the ball all over the field, and then you'd both walk out into the parking lot and talk to the opposing fans about how much you miss the way the rivalry used to be ("man, we schud gaw back ta da opshun, man. Dat was fuuuun!"). And that's in an on year... in a rebuilding year for either school? Forget about it.

It's kind of funny that you make fun of the option, but if I remember right that was the only offense that gave you a sniff of a National championship not that you deserved it that year either. :)

Personally, I'd rather play miss_universe_mexico_puerto_rico_nicarag.jpg

But it just doesn't seem to be a real season until we play OU (used to be for the Orange Bowl berth).

But in all fairness to our Buff fans, I'd miss playing them too..Especially when they're ranked high enough to give us some Strngth of Schedule points.

Now if there was a way to trade in our preseason games so we could play the rest of the Big-12 brothers, I'd be all over that.

As I get older and my Iron stomach is slowly giving way to digestive pains after Too much Turkey..Maybe it's better not to stress as much as we used to during "OU Week".

I still voted OU.

vote now and show sCUm fans what NU fans really think of the "Rivalry" that was created in the mind of one man.

How is this even mildly relevant? I don't think any CU fans are under the impression that you'd rather play us than Oklahoma, so what's the point?

Vote now and show these MIT students that the world is not flat, but rather a sphere!

Actually, an MIT student would know that the earth is in fact a spheroid.

It's kind of funny that you make fun of the option, but if I remember right that was the only offense that gave you a sniff of a National championship not that you deserved it that year either. :)

I actually enjoy the option a great deal, and I'll admit that I wish it were more prominent in the college game today, but my point there was that I think a lot of you Husker folks think that playing Oklahoma every year would make everything exactly "like it used to be".

The reality of the situation is that the logos on the sides of the helmet would be the same, but everything else would be different. I think it's highly likely that trading Colorado for Oklahoma would amount to trading "I miss playing Oklahoma every year" for "I miss the 20th century".

You'd both watch your players line up and throw the ball all over the field, and then you'd both walk out into the parking lot and talk to the opposing fans about how much you miss the way the rivalry used to be ("man, we schud gaw back ta da opshun, man. Dat was fuuuun!"). And that's in an on year... in a rebuilding year for either school? Forget about it.

What's your story, man? Seriously, I admit I'm weak for being on this board too much, yet it is MY team's board.

I'll also admit, you're a bit better-gifted (grammar-wise) than the flamers from Missouri. Unfortunately, though, you are the very same in the fact that you're clowns.

However, the fact that you are here...seemingly more than 99.9% of the posters, and constantly bagging on Nebraska and its fans really earns you no points, man. And I thought that I was pathetic.

Man, go enjoy those Rocky Mountains that you CU bags are constantly referencing, or whatever other pretentious or conceited aspect makes up your persona. :asshat

Here's the deal. I would love to play the Sooners every year so we could get that rivalry going again. The thing is whether we like it or not we have a hate rivalry with Colorado. The rivalry between us and OU is more of a respect/tradition thing and we don't hate one another. I would rather play OU for our last game of the season, but I still want to play Colorado every year. When two teams hate one another like we do there is no way around it...............it's some type of rivalry. JMO

I'd rather lose every year to OU the day after TG than to cream a low-rent program like CU every year. I don't want Buff fans in Memorial Stadium and I certainly wouldn't set foot in Boulder for a game... i had an offer for 4 box seats for free for this year's game. Staying home.

Would you care to delicately backhand your forehead before dropping your victorian umbrella and fainting, Mrs. Gish?

:rollin:rollin:rollin