New QB recruit

Did Callahan make a mistake in offering another QB?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

just trying to follow the rules and post stuff where it belongs.

Which is good, but if you wanted to point out that article you posted you could have posted a message like "Hey guys, I posted this article in the recruiting section that explains what the deal is with this QB and what Beck thinks." along with the link. Then everyone who hadn't looked knows that you posted it.

just trying to follow the rules and post stuff where it belongs.

Which is good, but if you wanted to point out that article you posted you could have posted a message like "Hey guys, I posted this article in the recruiting section that explains what the deal is with this QB and what Beck thinks." along with the link. Then everyone who hadn't looked knows that you posted it.

could have but figured people would be smart enough to go under recruiting to learn about it. Not a big deal.

"It wasn't like it was a behind-the-back thing," said Beck, ranked No. 3 nationally among pro-style quarterbacks by Rivals.com. "I'm not afraid of a little competition. Why should I be?"

Now thats what I like to hear. The only reason I was critical of the kid in the past was b/c it was publicized that Beck had "demanded" that Callahan only recruit HIM at QB for the class of 2005. Guess that wasn't quite the case.

He's looking more and more like the QB we need running the greatest team in CF history. :horns2

Beck fits right in with Callahan and the other coaches who are smooth talking fibbers.

Why because he said he welcomes the challenge?

"It wasn't like it was a behind-the-back thing," said Beck, ranked No. 3 nationally among pro-style quarterbacks by Rivals.com. "I'm not afraid of a little competition. Why should I be?"

Now thats what I like to hear. The only reason I was critical of the kid in the past was b/c it was publicized that Beck had "demanded" that Callahan only recruit HIM at QB for the class of 2005. Guess that wasn't quite the case.

He's looking more and more like the QB we need running the greatest team in CF history. :horns2

Beck fits right in with Callahan and the other coaches who are smooth talking fibbers.

yo B you got some issues dude hat to break it to ya. jus tell me exactly how some HS kid in florida that happens to be a good athlete and recruited by callahan is somehow a "smooth talker" suggesting hes some kinda slleezeball used car saleman??!! where are you getting this? is there somethign you know about him that noon else does?? oh yeah, i probly answered my own question, its the whole "florida & recruited by Callahan" part that automatically makes him a scumbag. of course. at least your not a very narrow minded person or antying. so you got that goin for ya. :thumbs

Callahan and Beck made it quite clear that their wouldn't be anyone else recruited at the QB position. Well there is a new guy on the block. No one is even sure that Zac Taylor will even except the offer, but the very fact that the Husker coaches have offered might scare Beck. Callahan gave his word he wouldn't do this. Vote and offer your thoughts.

Is this a good thing or a nother blunder by Callahan?

i voted NO, b/c its not a blunder unless the kid sux at QB. we should absolutely recruit any pieces for the puzzle we need to make the big picture look right, and should not let anyone dictate who we can or cant recruit. i have no prob with it.

Wow. Is this a sign of a lack of confidence in Beck's... ability, or commitment to NU....?

To be honest Im not sure I like this. Personally I didnt agree in the first place with them only pursuing one QB - too many chips on one hand - but for them to go against their word now is even worse. Could cause other recruits to wonder if anything they said to them in the past is legit, or if they are just full of hot air. I'd be interested to hear Cally's statement about this, b/c if he made the fact public before that they were only recruiting one QB no matter what, then he HAS to explain his reasoning for back-treading on his word.

They lie all the time, I don't know why this suprises you.

damn benard you sure know alot! are you using the internet by chance?? :worship hahahahhaahha

yo B you got some issues dude hat to break it to ya. jus tell me exactly how some HS kid in florida that happens to be a good athlete and recruited by callahan is somehow a "smooth talker" suggesting hes some kinda slleezeball used car saleman??!! where are you getting this? is there somethign you know about him that noon else does?? oh yeah, i probly answered my own question, its the whole "florida & recruited by Callahan" part that automatically makes him a scumbag. of course. at least your not a very narrow minded person or antying. so you got that goin for ya. :thumbs

I have trouble understanding your post. You should try not to talk like a thug who can't type. I think Beck is just really cocky and thinks he's king sh!t when really he pretty overrated. It's obvious that the coaches told him he would be the only qb recruit, otherwise why wouldn't of they went out and recruited hard for another one and now all the sudden the coaches went begging to them because they decided they needed another one so they are going after another jordan adams who isn't much.

Unless I've missed something, Beck is not a lock meaning he hasn't officially signed yet. The buzz out there is that we may not get him anyway since Spurrier took over as HC for the Gamecocks. So, if he isn't coming here anyway why would it concern him if NU looks for another QB? Even though Beck is supposed to be a sure lock, I'm putting him at 50% right now because if Spurrier really wants him who do you think he will go with?

Looking at how we're giving scholarships out to RB's, I don't know why anyone is surprised at us looking for another QB. It seems as though the philosophy of this coaching staff is to get the best recruits on offense so we can just out score everyone. I mean Cosgrove is the DC, so we know the defense will never be any good. Look at his track record with Wisconsin!

Unless I've missed something, Beck is not a lock meaning he hasn't officially signed yet.  The buzz out there is that we may not get him anyway since Spurrier took over as HC for the Gamecocks.  So, if he isn't coming here anyway why would it concern him if NU looks for another QB?  Even though Beck is supposed to be a sure lock, I'm putting him at 50% right now because if Spurrier really wants him who do you think he will go with?

Everything I have read puts him at a lock to come to NU. See the link below for an example. Spurrier has contacted him and Beck and his family have basically told him to buzz off.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...iew=getlastpost

I have trouble understanding your post. You should try not to talk like a thug who can't type. I think Beck is just really cocky and thinks he's king sh!t when really he pretty overrated. It's obvious that the coaches told him he would be the only qb recruit, otherwise why wouldn't of they went out and recruited hard for another one and now all the sudden the coaches went begging to them because they decided they needed another one so they are going after another jordan adams who isn't much.

how pratel do you "talk like a thug who cant type"???? think about that one benard errrrr mrs perfect and get back to me. and note to 'nard. look at the login name before you defend yoruself next time youre not foolin anyone. :wacko: