Callahan's attire

np_husker

This is freaking lame. :lame Who cares what he has on at the Press Conference. TO didn't have anything NU on when he had his Press Conference for the AD job. Nothing RED at all. Does that make him less of a Husker? :wacko: Solich had a history of wearing sweaters to the Press Conferences does that mean he didn't like being the coach at NU? This is getting out of hand. :nanalama:frenchy:steam:waste

I hope when this is all said and done Callahan has a press conference with one of those big fake checks that reads $3,125,000. He holds it up and says to all the internet football minds, "I've got two words for you.................................................................SUCK IT". :corndance Does the little DX sign and walks out the door with more money then any of us will probably ever see at once and goes on to get a NFL job :funnyhahah (something none of us will EVER have) while we all sit here and complain about what the next coach wears to the press conferences. :cry:flush

Wait Bo Pelini wore a Brown Sweater to the Alamo Bowl Press Conference there is NO WAY he can come back now. :madash

Nevermind he has done excellent in every area. :blink::boxosoap

This really means nothing I just like Ninjas. :ph34r:

the reason the whole thing has even been brought into question, is because it is written into the coaches contract to wear addidas sponsored Husker gear. Four weeks ago, Callahan first discarded this stipulation...he continued to do it in following weeks, debunking the possibility that it was just coincidence. Today, he wore an Addidas running suit, complete without a Nebraksa logo. Make fun of it as you will, and if you recognize my posts, you know I like making fun of things, but this makes five weeks in a row, and in my opinion, is symbolic...do I care...no, I could take a newearthhusker and wipe it with a rfhuk07, but to deny the possibility that he's doing it without acknowledgement is just dumb.

if you know anything about HR and people, you know body language and dress DO convey the message they are sending, subtle or not. i don't really care either, but the guy is sending the message, he is intentionally distancing himself from the team and the job. fine by me.

Who cares what he was wearing. Callahan hasn't enjoyed much success at Nebraska, and he has said some questionable things, which were probably the result of frustration, more than anything. Still, we don't have any reason to believe that he ran a dirty program, and I have every reason to believe that he has tried his hardest to get the job done. I'll be content with whatever TO decides, but Callahan doesn't deserve the insults and nasty comments that are being directed his way. Lets act like the best fans in college football that some people think we are.

if your going to reply to a topic in a serious manner, please behave as if you have any knowledge of why the topic was in question...

I know why it was brought up. There is the urban legend that his contract requires it. Until someone shows a link to a credible source about it, that is just what it is, an urban legend. And even if it is in his contract, I don't care, and I don't think most people should care. If you had so-called fans calling you names, etc., you might be a little frustrated too. I don't have any problem with people calling for his job, on the basis that he hasn't performed. That's just how it goes. But when you start personally insulting someone who has, by all accounts, honorably tried to meet expectations in a clean manner, then you have stepped over the line. And I think that is the line back to childish behavior.

This is freaking lame. :lame Who cares what he has on at the Press Conference. TO didn't have anything NU on when he had his Press Conference for the AD job. Nothing RED at all. Does that make him less of a Husker? :wacko: Solich had a history of wearing sweaters to the Press Conferences does that mean he didn't like being the coach at NU? This is getting out of hand. :nanalama:frenchy:steam:waste

I hope when this is all said and done Callahan has a press conference with one of those big fake checks that reads $3,125,000. He holds it up and says to all the internet football minds, "I've got two words for you.................................................................SUCK IT". :corndance Does the little DX sign and walks out the door with more money then any of us will probably ever see at once and goes on to get a NFL job :funnyhahah (something none of us will EVER have) while we all sit here and complain about what the next coach wears to the press conferences. :cry:flush

Wait Bo Pelini wore a Brown Sweater to the Alamo Bowl Press Conference there is NO WAY he can come back now. :madash

the reason the whole thing has even been brought into question, is because it is written into the coaches contract to wear addidas sponsored Husker gear. Four weeks ago, Callahan first discarded this stipulation...he continued to do it in following weeks, debunking the possibility that it was just coincidence. Today, he wore an Addidas running suit, complete without a Nebraksa logo. Make fun of it as you will, and if you recognize my posts, you know I like making fun of things, but this makes five weeks in a row, and in my opinion, is symbolic...do I care...no, I could take a newearthhusker and wipe it with a rfhuk07, but to deny the possibility that he's doing it without acknowledgement is just dumb.

The reason this whole thing has been brought into question is because it is Callahan doing it and that is a fact. It is like when people complained because they wore black sweat suits on the sidelines. The masses will complain about anything. I compare him not wearing the almighty red gear to the Seinfeld episode when Play It Again Sports was trying to force George into quitting but if he did he wouldn’t get paid. Callahan is just riding this out until the end of the week.

Also nice 3rd grade attempt at a put-down. Oh no the Jim Halpert guy called me a (insert word for taking a dump) my life is ruined. I might as well just go eat worms.

Never mind I’ve just now decided to jump on the band-wagon with the rest of the lynch mob and start complaining about everything. It seems that is the way of a “true” fan.

“Callahan wore a brown shirt, Coz doesn’t blitz, Ganz should have been playing all year, Option = Good, Pass = Bad, Pelini for Head Coach, Pud is evil, we should wear Black Jersey’s, Where Cody Glenn, Elmo is terrible, I love Paul Johnson, Callahan wore a black shirt today, Keller and McKeon hate NU and all it stands for, We need Walk-on’s, Gabbert wasn’t that good anyway, Callahan wore a tie-dye shirt to the press conference, Mortal Combat for Sega Genesis is the best video game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting for someone to bash T.O., Solich, and Pelini for not wearing Husker gear………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..that sound is crickets because the wolves won’t do it.

FYI My computer at work won't let me use smilies so don't take most of what I say seriously.

The reason this whole thing has been brought into question is because it is Callahan doing it and that is a fact. It is like when people complained because they wore black sweat suits on the sidelines. The masses will complain about anything. I compare him not wearing the almighty red gear to the Seinfeld episode when Play It Again Sports was trying to force George into quitting but if he did he wouldn’t get paid. Callahan is just riding this out until the end of the week.

Also nice 3rd grade attempt at a put-down. Oh no the Jim Halpert guy called me a (insert word for taking a dump) my life is ruined. I might as well just go eat worms.

Never mind I’ve just now decided to jump on the band-wagon with the rest of the lynch mob and start complaining about everything. It seems that is the way of a “true” fan.

“Callahan wore a brown shirt, Coz doesn’t blitz, Ganz should have been playing all year, Option = Good, Pass = Bad, Pelini for Head Coach, Pud is evil, we should wear Black Jersey’s, Where Cody Glenn, Elmo is terrible, I love Paul Johnson, Callahan wore a black shirt today, Keller and McKeon hate NU and all it stands for, We need Walk-on’s, Gabbert wasn’t that good anyway, Callahan wore a tie-dye shirt to the press conference, Mortal Combat for Sega Genesis is the best video game EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting for someone to bash T.O., Solich, and Pelini for not wearing Husker gear………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..that sound is crickets because the wolves won’t do it.

FYI My computer at work won't let me use smilies so don't take most of what I say seriously.

must be stress from the Holidays.......it's a message board dude! get over it, let it flow, relax, take a pill, take a drink, get laid! better yet, logoff for a bit and come back later....... :corndance

must be stress from the Holidays.......it's a message board dude! get over it, let it flow, relax, take a pill, take a drink, get laid! better yet, logoff for a bit and come back later....... :corndance

Come on now don’t think for a minute the stuff on here has any effect on my life. There are plenty of others things to worry about it. The day that I let this place get to me that much is the day I unhook the internet.

You have to admit the piling on is getting out of hand. He will be gone on Saturday and everyone can sit around and sing “Happy Days are Here Again”. Things will be super-duper and life will go on.

You guys that rail on EVERY new thread saying it's 'stupid' or 'irrelevant' crack me up. This is a f'n internet message board. IF YOU THINK THE THREAD IS DUMB, DON'T READ OR POST ON IT. You are the ones that are ruining the integrity of this website. :rant

My thought process is fairly simple: 1. I think that it is wrong for fans to attack Callahan personally, rather than simply arguing about whether he has the skills/whatever to be the coach. 2. These fans are fans of the team I support. 3. I want my team to have classy fans.

You're never going to convince me it is ok to be an :asshat or that I should just ignore it when it happens.

Come on now don’t think for a minute the stuff on here has any effect on my life. There are plenty of others things to worry about it. The day that I let this place get to me that much is the day I unhook the internet.

You have to admit the piling on is getting out of hand. He will be gone on Saturday and everyone can sit around and sing “Happy Days are Here Again”. Things will be super-duper and life will go on.

i agree with you, we have put quite a heap on old Bill. and being a mod on this site has been a job for you guys and really, i must say you all have handled a heap of sh#t from us posters and have tolerated us quite well. just hope you guys can keep it together and not take us too seriously. take care newearth, keep up the good work, things should calm down considerably, soon!

Does his contract say he has to wear Nebraska Adidas apparel all the time or just in press conferences? I took a tour of the stadium earlier this year and he was wearing a blue t-shirt and shorts. I wonder if the same people that are complaining about his lack of red are the same people that are leaving the games early.