Wow I am going to get blasted but

Travis9

4. Coz's style of D likes big massive players. It is his old Big 10 mentality and it simply doesn't work today.

Which is sadly ironic because it didn't work when he was at Wisconsin, either.

6. Think of this also, TO is interim AD. To get a quality coach in here the Interim tag would need to come off. A new coach would force TO to keep this job at least 4-5 more years. No good coach is going to accept this job knowing the AD that hired him will be gone in 2 years, that is job insecurity that they dont want.

Interim indefinitely. You're smoking crack if you think a new coach would be deterred from coming into this job because of this. Osborne is going to groom the next AD, how would it happen that he grooms someone that would go back on everything Osborne did?

I think Callahan should stay if the following all happens:

1. The Defensive staff is overhauled. Wyatt, Busch, Coz, all of them go except Elmo.

2. He is told in no uncertain terms that he needs to let the position coaches coach more. Today he tells Wags how to block the plays. Wags is a very good coach and he needs to be able to Block the way he wants to block.

3. He needs to be told and to promise that a greater emphasis will be put on running the football.

4. He needs to be the CEO and give up the reigns of the offense to Watson.

The reasons i think this are:

1. A new coaching staff in its entirety sets a program back period.

2. There have been some good things offensively that he has done and installed.

3. our defensive coaches for the most part are out of their league here.

4. Cally has the best person in the world to turn to in order to figure out a run game

5. TO let his coaches coach, in the mid 70's he turned the entire run game over to Tenopir. He let him scheme the run game and block the run game how he felt best.

Cally has had a bad year but do we really want to risk our program on the selection of our next coach. Has Cally truly done that terrible of a job. I think Pedey was a much bigger problem than Cally in terms of changing the history and tradition of the program and of alientating the former players.

Will i be sad if he is fired, no? I just dont truly think that changin the whole staff is the best way to go.

Still want him Back! Take a look at the score...enjoy the bowl game, oh wait a minute!

I think Callahan should stay if the following all happens:

1. The Defensive staff is overhauled. Wyatt, Busch, Coz, all of them go except Elmo.

2. He is told in no uncertain terms that he needs to let the position coaches coach more. Today he tells Wags how to block the plays. Wags is a very good coach and he needs to be able to Block the way he wants to block.

3. He needs to be told and to promise that a greater emphasis will be put on running the football.

4. He needs to be the CEO and give up the reigns of the offense to Watson.

The reasons i think this are:

1. A new coaching staff in its entirety sets a program back period.

2. There have been some good things offensively that he has done and installed.

3. our defensive coaches for the most part are out of their league here.

4. Cally has the best person in the world to turn to in order to figure out a run game

5. TO let his coaches coach, in the mid 70's he turned the entire run game over to Tenopir. He let him scheme the run game and block the run game how he felt best.

Cally has had a bad year but do we really want to risk our program on the selection of our next coach. Has Cally truly done that terrible of a job. I think Pedey was a much bigger problem than Cally in terms of changing the history and tradition of the program and of alientating the former players.

Will i be sad if he is fired, no? I just dont truly think that changin the whole staff is the best way to go.

you can't hire a coach and tell them how they should coach. if that would work they could hire me. i'd do whatever they wanted for 2 mill a year.