Meyer to Florida

gamecocks

Urban Meyer has accepted the head coaching position at Flordia. He has stated that he will coach the Utes in their bowl game. Utah's likely replacements are their defensive or offensive coordinators.

No Way! I thought for sure he would be going to ND! I wonder why it didn't work out?

Urban Meyer has accepted the head coaching position at Flordia. He has stated that he will coach the Utes in their bowl game. Utah's likely replacements are their defensive or offensive coordinators.

No Way! I thought for sure he would be going to ND! I wonder why it didn't work out?

Could be he evaluated the on-hand talent, and decided that he could win more - and more quickly - at Florida. Just a guess.

Im just curious as to how he escaped his current contract with Utah, b/c his out clause only included ND, OSU, & UM. Ideas?

Could have been a buy-out clause, and Florida funded it.

Or, they could have reaslized that one way or the other, he was leaving, and accepted that - if not Florida, Notre Dame.

Or, the AD has someone he'd really like to bring in, anyway, or someone "big" has expressed an interest. In other words, there is someone waiting in the wings so the loss doesn't sting as much.

Pure conjecture on my part, though.