................If Osborne already knows Callahan is staying, why wouldn't he tell him now and avoid any more bleeding from the recruiting class?

That's the clue that answers the question, "Is Callahan staying or going?" There is no way Osborne would have waited if Callahan was staying. He would have at least dropped some hints to protect the recruiting. We lost a 5 star quarterback because of the doubt. No way Osborne would have allowed uncertainty to lose this recruit if Callahan was staying.

i don't agree. he made the statement, any prospective recruits may call me with questions or something to that effect. sure TO has casually observed the plight of the program since that prick Ped had taken over, but i think he has spent a lot of time recently gathering facts from those very close to it.

i don't think he pays a lick of attention to fan comment or a board! he heard it all when he was coach during his down years so he is familiar with the spam out there.

and he has just recently, IMO, made a decision. i would be absolutely pissed if he kept cally, but i would not be all that surprised. as i said, keeping him is just as big a gamble as cutting his ass loose. good luck TO.