Cost of Firing Bill Callahan

I think Buffet only gives to the academic side of the university. He likes the Huskers but dosent give huge amounts of money to the program. Although Berk. has (had?) seats on the 50 a few years ago.

It was reported that Buffet has NEVER given the athletic department a single dime.

My understanding is that the Football program supports all these other sports...I find it hard to believe that there would be any problem raising the money to buyout these coaches.

As far as Buffet goes, I know he gives plenty of money to the academic side, so you cannot fault the man for that. Some people are sports fans, some are not...if he isn't a big sports fan, I can understand him not giving money to the athletic department. I am just happy that he supports any part of the university.

I recently read an article that explained the economics of firing the HC. According to BC's contract, it will cost NU athletic dept $62,500 / month till 2012 ... or $750,000 / yr for 5 yrs.

My question - is there 100,000 Big Red Fans willing to donate $7.50 per year for 5 year to fire Callahan?

Would YOU be willing to pledge this? :)

I doubt that this would sway TO's decision one way or the other, but it puts a different light on the "economics" of the change!

where do i send my check for $37.50?......i will pay up for all 5 years, right now! :thumbs

Let me get you my paypal account. I'll hold it for you until it's needed.

I recently read an article that explained the economics of firing the HC. According to BC's contract, it will cost NU athletic dept $62,500 / month till 2012 ... or $750,000 / yr for 5 yrs.

My question - is there 100,000 Big Red Fans willing to donate $7.50 per year for 5 year to fire Callahan?

Would YOU be willing to pledge this? :)

I doubt that this would sway TO's decision one way or the other, but it puts a different light on the "economics" of the change!

I'll donate $1000 today to help get rid of all the coaching bums connected with the football program. ALL OF THEM... :bonez

The money to take care of Callahan's contract does not come out of the athletic department. There is a foundation set up to take care of Husker football and their pockets run very deep. So keep your change :)

Can't recall details, but I think I heard somewhere that the group you're refering to has something like a billion dollars in liquid capitol just laying around. Could be mistaken though. I think they're called the Nebraska Foundation or something like that?