CU a Rivalry ummmm???

Apathy

GIVE ME A HELL NO.

Nebraska vs Colorado Series: 46-18-2

Nebraska vs Oklahoma: 37-43-3

Rivalry games are games that mean a lot to both teams and both teams have hatred for the other one. The team series are close and are always a good game to watch. Nebraska doesn't have that hatred toward CU where CU feels differently in this area.

Kansas vs Mizzo is another great example of another great rivalry Series tied 52-52-9 (2004) and here's some other great examples of other schools and their rivalries.

Alabama vs Tennessee: Alabama leads 43-37-7 (2004)

Alabama vs Auburn: Alabama leads 38-30-1 (2004)

Boston College vs Notre Dame: Notre Dame leads 9-7 (2004)

Florida vs Georgia: Georgia leads 46-35-2 (2004)

Florida vs Florida State: Florida leads 28-19-2 (2004)

Florida vs Miami: Miami leads 27-25 (2003)

Michagin vs Notre Dame: Michigan leads 18-13-1 (2004)

Michagin vs Ohio State: Michigan leads 57-38-6 (2004)

Notre Dame vs USC: Notre Dame leads 42-29-5 (2004)

Oklahoma vs Texas: Texas leads 55-39-5 (2004)

Oregon vs Oregon State: Oregon leads 54-44-10 (2004)

Penn State vs Pittsburg: Penn State leads 50-42-4 (2000)

UCLA vs USC: USC leads 40-27-7 (2004)

Virginia Tech vs Virginia: Virginia Tech leads 44-37-5 (2004)

Virginia vs West Virginia: West Virginia leads 28-21-1 (2004)

Those are a few and if I'm forgetting any just let me know. To me I don't think that CU vs NU is a rivalry game and in these two college football program CU is always looking forward to playing NU where we just play it game in and game out unless it's OU. GO BIG RED

Look at the last 20 years, that's the only time it's been considered a rivalry anyway (and it has been a superb rivalry over that time, rife with classic finishes and NC implications).

I realize you're all still smitten for Oklahoma, and many of you don't have any respect for CU, but can I ask you why you hold the Oklahoma program in such high regard? I mean, obviously there have been some classic games between your two schools, but Oklahoma was pumping their players full of cash and HGH during their most prolific era... what's there to respect about that?

Oh, for starting this thread you also get one of these:

dedhoarse

Doesn't matter to me when we play, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Fourth of July, or even Mother's Day, I just relish kicking the crap out you.

well just relish it while you can, you guys sure earned it.

Maybe the tables will turn again soon. Or if you get a defense, we get a defense, we will have a real game not a basketball score game.

:hmmph:hellloooo

:corndance:corndance:corndance

Doesn't matter to me when we play, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Fourth of July, or even Mother's Day, I just relish kicking the crap out you.

well just relish it while you can, you guys sure earned it.

I am not trying to be a prick, but for me when we play is irrelevant, I want to win, the game is important to me, it may not be to some of you but it doesn't really dilute my importance on it. In fact, you can have my vote that you get to play OU on the day after Thanksgiving, so long as we get you the week before :)

Look at the last 20 years, that's the only time it's been considered a rivalry anyway (and it has been a superb rivalry over that time, rife with classic finishes and NC implications).

I realize you're all still smitten for Oklahoma, and many of you don't have any respect for CU, but can I ask you why you hold the Oklahoma program in such high regard? I mean, obviously there have been some classic games between your two schools, but Oklahoma was pumping their players full of cash and HGH during their most prolific era... what's there to respect about that?

Oh, for starting this thread you also get one of these:

dedhoarse

Do you think I really care what you have to say ummmmm NO. and for posting your stupid comment onto my thread you deserve this 46 times :nutz (46 being how many times NU beat CU.) :woo:restore

I'm starting to regret ever making the point in the first place.

NU-CU is a conference rivalry, as any other conference opponent is. It's just not "THE" rivalry for NU. The thanksgiving game should be OU because that's the way things always were before the frikin big 12 came along.

My point is this ruined a wonderful annual event. The day everybody in the family got together, ate turkey, talked football and cheered our team on against the team the had always been our biggest nemesis. That was THANKSGIVING to us! Most of the country watched that game too. It produced a certain relationship between the two teams and their fans..nice and competitive, but loved and desired.

Thanks to all of the 'new thinking' it's all been thrown away. What my forebears built was treated like so much rubbish, just to make money. Done to us over our objections too.

All in all, my feeling about this has very little to do with CU, and everything to do with feeling like my program and it's history being treated as lesst an important compared to what 4 schools in Texas and some stuffed suit in the conference offices wanted. Good grief, they were joining US, not the other way around! If they didn't like Big 8 rules they could have stayed in their own conference or go somewhere else, right?

It's all about my hatred of the big 12 conference.

Big Red vs Boomer Sooner Forever.

Oklahoma wimped out of this once great rivarly game. CU is now the one team that I can not stand to lose to, = rivarly.

What is the story here? Obviously the formation of the Big XII is what ultimately did away with the yearly OU/NU game, but who made concessions to end up with the conference being set up the way it is today? I'm aware of the basics of the joining of the SWC and the Big 8, but I've never really heard the intricacies of the whole maneuver.

Seems to me that if Nebraska and Oklahoma both wanted to play eachother every year so badly, they could have structured the conference in a way to make that happen, couldn't they?