What are you listening to right now?

2d91js4.jpg

And tell me you didn't just put them in the same category as Milli Vanilli. You do know what 'music' is, don't you?

Sorry...

I didn't realize they actually played their own instruments (in their Punk Rock days at least).

But I doubt they could carry a tune any better than those hired dancers that fronted MV

Husker37 appears to be confusing "singer" with "musician"

As opposed to an auctioneer or a rapper?

One can be a subset of the other..A singer's vocal cords are their instrument...But mainly I was just trying to go along with Foppa's original compairisons of these "true artists".

Personally, I'd rather be able to write great songs than to be able to sound good singing them.

Please bear with me ..I'm trying to learn more about these guys without having to hurt my ears..

The Beastie Boys and the Segregation of American Music

RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA of Beastie Boys. Passed away today from salivary gland cancer. Glad he lived to see his group's induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame a couple weeks ago, even though he wasn't present at the actual ceremony due to his illness.

Thanks Nexus...Paul Revere was my favorite. Damn, I'm not sure what sucks worse...the fact that MCA died, or that a true artist will never get the attention that the worthless crackwhore boozehounds Whitney and Amy needed to get.

:lol: true what?

musician...you know...artist? Am I that old?

Not an age thing.

I just never heard rappers called musicians or true artists before.

This must be what happens when they cut music classes from schools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63mISzJ_7Lk

RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA of Beastie Boys. Passed away today from salivary gland cancer. Glad he lived to see his group's induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame a couple weeks ago, even though he wasn't present at the actual ceremony due to his illness.

Thanks Nexus...Paul Revere was my favorite. Damn, I'm not sure what sucks worse...the fact that MCA died, or that a true artist will never get the attention that the worthless crackwhore boozehounds Whitney and Amy needed to get.

:lol: true what?

musician...you know...artist? Am I that old?

Not an age thing.

I just never heard rappers called musicians or true artists before.

This must be what happens when they cut music classes from schools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63mISzJ_7Lk

She should've just asked for my help. I'm sure it would've taken a lot longer though ;)