Another Big time recruiting weekend

All right as we get down to some serious recruiting time here, the Huskers only have a few more solid weekends left. This week is shaping up to be a doosy. Please remember though these dates can change at the flick of a switch. One glaring omission right now from the visit weekends that remain id Dan Doering from Illinois. He has not set a date. I have heard nothing about his interest level on the Huskers in quite some time.

Nebraska has about 8 free tickets left.

There are some recruiting rules that the coaches will need to follow soon. A time called Dead period and Quiet period. They are as follows:

December 19-Quiet Period

December 20-January 1st-Dead Period

Quiet period - permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the member institution's campus

Dead period - not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on- or off-campus or permit official or unofficial visits.

December 8, 2004:

OL Marcus Gordon - Running out of time on both sides, Gordon could very well commit on his visit.

The date as it says is the weekend of December 10, 2004:

FS Nic Harris - Finally Harris will be on his way to visit Lincoln. The visit has been put off a few times, but hopefully this time it works out.

DB Reggie Smith - This premier player is being looked at by all the majors. Most say it will come down to NU and OU. Can the Huskers snag another from the Sooners?

DE Raymond Henderson - A new recruit to the list, but would be a great catch for the Huskers. It appears Iowa has the lead.

FS Adam Meyers-White - Was heavy on Ohio St, then for some reason they dropped him. Hopefully the Huskers can take advantage.

DT Terrel Nemons - Huskers are on the outside looking in for Nemons services. Ranked third on the Huskers DT recruiting board.

OL Craig Roark - As solid a commit as there ever was. He loves Nebraska.

QB Zac Taylor - Again, like most juco's they want to find a home and find it quick. If he enjoys himself, don't be surprised to see him commit this weekend.

TE David Harvey - Says he's still fully committed the the 'skers

RB Robert Rands - He's now back this week for his official.

As I said, please don't take this as set in stone. Travel arrangements, cancellation, sickness, their nuts hurt, whatever, whatever can screw all this up. Without a doubt there will be a commit or two by next Monday.

This is really a solid bunch of recruits coming into town. The average stars of all these guys is pushing 4. Infact only one or two of these guys is pushing that number down.

Callahan do your best................. :horns2

QB - Zac Taylor???? I am curious, wasn't it reported that Callahan made a commitment to Beck that he wouldn't recruit any other QB's. I don't know the details of the conversation between BC and Beck, but I would be concerned if Beck views this as dishonest. Not trying to be negative, but if that was the agreement then I would hope there would be dialogue with Beck before going after another QB. No matter who the player is, you have to keep credibility.

Sorry guys, I should have read further, I just saw the OWH article that said they asked his permission...very cool. That's what happens when you go away for a couple days - sorry! By the way, did you hear TG resigned? (Kidding)

No problem. It happens to me all the time :).

yeh thanks eric for all this. so what do they do with these kids ona weekend with no game? seems like it woud be kinda boring. have to be concerend about the kids looking for that nightlife and buzz in the air. if any of yous been to lincoln on a cold december weekend before finals... it aint exactly jumping. hopefully they can smell the tradition like I smell me cheesburgers!!