Ruud's draft status

In a LJS article, It says, Mel Kiper Jr., draft analyist and Trv Alberts hater, has Ruud as the number 1 Insider backer prospect coming out this year. There is still a long way to go with combines and juniors to announce, so well see where he lands in the end.

He doesn't have a lot of "40" speed, but neither does Ray Lewis. Sideline to sideline he's a good one.

Overall, I believe that the senior class of middle linebackers is rather weak. I believe that their might be quite a few underclassman that come out early because of this. If you look at some of the seniors this year, you might agree that it is a rather weak class.

Leroy Hill- Clemson

Lance Mitchell- Oklahoma

Kirk Morrison- San Diego State

Barrett Rudd- Nebraska

James Kinney- Missouri

Lionel Turner- LSU

Lawrence Reid- Michigan

Zac Woodfin- UAB

Matt Sinclair- Illinois

Now I am not taking anything away from Rudd because I think he is a very good football player and could make a great living playing on Sundays but I do feel that the number one ranking might be a little too generous.

I think he can be the next urhlacher but who knows.

Why because he is white? Urlacher was a safety in college and a heck of a lot faster then Ruud. Urlacher is second only to Ray Lewis. IMO Maybe Shane Conlan or Chris Speilman if you want to mention LBs that Ruud could end up like.(mentioned because they are white) I think he will be in on running downs and then whoever drafts him will pull him on passing downs. He can't cover anyone in the passsing game.

Why because he is white? Urlacher was a safety in college and a heck of a lot faster then Ruud. Urlacher is second only to Ray Lewis. IMO Maybe Shane Conlan or Chris Speilman if you want to mention LBs that Ruud could end up like.(mentioned because they are white) I think he will be in on running downs and then whoever drafts him will pull him on passing downs. He can't cover anyone in the passsing game.

of course and everyone from florida and cali is a smooth talkin fink. welcome to benards world. yeehaw :flush

of course and everyone from florida and cali is a smooth talkin fink. welcome to benards world. yeehaw :flush

Hilarious Bob. Ruud is a good ball player. He doesn't have the speed of Urlacher, or for that matter, field awareness. He can't cover the pass, so I agree with Newearthhusker about him playing on running downs. I don't know who I would compare him with. He is a middle linebacker great against the run, poor against the pass who is not vocal and fiery.

Did you watch the Vikes-Bears game Benard? The game Urlacher played against Culpepper and the Vikes yesterday was unbelievable. There is no way Barrett Ruud will be as good as Urlacher, because Urlacher is a type of player that comes around once in a generation.

I compare ruud to urlacher not because of his race, I compare him to urhlacher because of his knack to find the ball and get to the ball. He's always around the ball.

I compare ruud to urlacher not because of his race, I compare him to urhlacher because of his knack to find the ball and get to the ball. He's always around the ball.

On run plays or pass plays to the flat, I will agree. He got burned many times to my recolection on slants through the middle. Urlacher can cover a much larger area.

I compare ruud to urlacher not because of his race, I compare him to  urhlacher because of his knack to find the ball and get to the ball.  He's always around the ball.

On run plays or pass plays to the flat, I will agree. He got burned many times to my recolection on slants through the middle. Urlacher can cover a much larger area.

I'm not saying he's as good as brian right now, I'm saying he has a chance to be the same caliber of player as urlacher. It's just to bad he didn't learn a darn thing this year from cosgrove. I don't know if you remember last year with bo, he was pretty good at pass coverage, I believe he picked one and took it the distance one game.

I'm not saying he's as good as brian right now, I'm saying he has a chance to be the same caliber of player as urlacher. It's just to bad he didn't learn a darn thing this year from cosgrove. I don't know if you remember last year with bo, he was pretty good at pass coverage, I believe he picked one and took it the distance one game.

Once again I don't agree with a single thing you say. He will never I repeat never be on the same level as Urlacher. This isn't a bad thing though. But I'm sorry he can't and won't be able to cover guys in the NFL. He isn't quick enough. One interception doesn't make you good at pass coverage.

Once again I don't agree with a single thing you say. He will never I repeat never be on the same level as Urlacher. This isn't a bad thing though. But I'm sorry he can't and won't be able to cover guys in the NFL. He isn't quick enough. One interception doesn't make you good at pass coverage.

no it doesn't but neither does playing for a terrible dcoordinator with a bad scheme make you bad a covering.