This would be f*cked up

Ok everybody knows that Bo Pelini will have an interview tomorrow with TO and that a private plane was flown to Baton Rouge. Well this will only mean that Bo Pelini will have an interview for the HC job and if he doesn't get it, that'll be another slap in the face. The first time when Pud barely gave him an interview and now this time if TO decides to blow him off. I think that will be very f*cked up and I hope that Bo Pelini gets the job. It would be nice for Turner Gill to get OC but I highly doubt that.

Err... what makes you think TO would blow of Pelini? He apparently has flown down on a private plane on a Sunady to meet with him on Monday morning. Plus, TO blowing someone off? Hell, I was eating in a restaurant in 97 and saw him at another table (was Garden Cafe in Hastings), and he had time for me.. some random kid, got his Auto on a napkin ;)

TO does not blow people off, and certainly won't blow off Pelini. For christ sake he apparently flew down on a private jet on a Sunday to meet with him.

Where do you get the idea that TO will blow him off?

Ok everybody knows that Bo Pelini will have an interview tomorrow with TO and that a private plane was flown to Baton Rouge. Well this will only mean that Bo Pelini will have an interview for the HC job and if he doesn't get it, that'll be another slap in the face. The first time when Pud barely gave him an interview and now this time if TO decides to blow him off. I think that will be very f*cked up and I hope that Bo Pelini gets the job. It would be nice for Turner Gill to get OC but I highly doubt that.

Let me get this straight...you think since TO is interviewing Pelini that he is obligated to hire him then since Pederson screwed up the process four years ago or else it's a slap in the face to Pelini? That's ridiculous! You are so hung up on getting this guy every post I read from you it sounds like you're in bed with him. What will you do if he isn't hired? Lock yourself in a room and live off of rat turds and not come out because your beloved Bo was "slapped in the face" by not being hired when TO is known for being fair and wants to make the RIGHT decision whether that's the popular one or not.

When I mean that TO will blow him off, I meant by saying if Bo didn't get the job.

Hell the first time I met TO was at a Valentino's Pizza in South Sioux City, NE. He was in town for a speech at Morningside College and when i was still in high school, our football team on Wednesdays would gather after practice to Valentino's for pizza. Well my twin brother, my buddy Joe, and I were running late and by the time we go there everybody was leaving. Well we decided to stay and all of a sudden here walks in this tall guy and he had got my attention because of his height. Well anyways I noticed that it was TO and i about flew off of my chair backwards. I walked up to his table and got his autographed and asked him what it was like to coach Joel Makovicka. He was really polite and we stopped talking to him so he could finish his meal. Nobody at my school believed me until I brought in his autograph to school the next day.

But I just hope that they don't screw Bo like they did four years ago. You have to admit that it talks balls and DETERMINATION to come back for another interview. You have to admire Bo for that. We want BO!!!

Let me get this straight...you think since TO is interviewing Pelini that he is obligated to hire him then since Pederson screwed up the process four years ago or else it's a slap in the face to Pelini? That's ridiculous! You are so hung up on getting this guy every post I read from you it sounds like you're in bed with him. What will you do if he isn't hired? Lock yourself in a room and live off of rat turds and not come out because your beloved Bo was "slapped in the face" by not being hired when TO is known for being fair and wants to make the RIGHT decision whether that's the popular one or not.

Obviously you don't read ALL of my post because if I remember correctly that my #1 choice for Head Coach was Bo Pelini and Paul Johnson as a tie. Do some more research before you start talking smack. Oh and here's my proof if you don't believe me. http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22733

ENJOY GO BIG RED

We want BO!!!

You want Bo, I think the majority of fans want a quick thorough process with three or four formidable candidates to be looked at and the best one for the program to be decided on as the new coach. If that is Bo Pelini then great, if it isn't then great because the guy is still going to have my support and that of probably the whole fan base after the divisions that were caused by the last coach.

Obviously you don't read ALL of my post because if I remember correctly that my #1 choice for Head Coach was Bo Pelini and Paul Johnson as a tie. Do some more research before you start talking smack. Oh and here's my proof if you don't believe me. http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22733

ENJOY GO BIG RED

Then why aren't you going off on a circle jerk for Paul Johnson too? Since it's a tie? Your rational of how Bo would be slapped in the face if he isn't hired is still rather slanted because you feel that Nebraska and TO owes it to him to hire him since he's getting an interview.

ENJOY GO BIG RED

Then why aren't you going off on a circle jerk for Paul Johnson too? Since it's a tie? Your rational of how Bo would be slapped in the face if he isn't hired is still rather slanted because you feel that Nebraska and TO owes it to him to hire him since he's getting an interview.

WOW for one thing Paul Johnson was NEVER in Bo Pelini's postion five years ago and another thing why I haven't be talking much about Paul is because all of this Airplane/interview with Bo Pelini that came up today and Paul Johnson hasn't be contacted about the coaching postion which is really really weird. Paul Johnson lead Georgia Southern to two National Championships in Division 1-AA and now he's at Navy and what they went 2-10 his first year but after that have exploded to 8 or more wins. And he's coaching at NAVY. My vote is Paul Johnson way over Turner Gill any day. Turner Gill was a great player and all but he needs more experience at HC before coming to Nebraska. Paul Johnson has more experience at HC and this is his 6th season at Navy and he's now 43-29 at Navy and 105-39 overall. I don't want to sound like a prick but all of these negative talk on Bo Pelini you people need to open your eyes....this guy will bring us 9-10 wins per season and probably a National Championship. And his Defense may be in the slumps right now but LSU's offense isn't helping any and aren't they still winning games????? I'd rather be 10-2 than 5-7 any day.

ENJOY GO BIG RED

WOW for one thing Paul Johnson was NEVER in Bo Pelini's postion five years ago and another thing why I haven't be talking much about Paul is because all of this Airplane/interview with Bo Pelini that came up today and Paul Johnson hasn't be contacted about the coaching postion which is really really weird. Paul Johnson lead Georgia Southern to two National Championships in Division 1-AA and now he's at Navy and what they went 2-10 his first year but after that have exploded to 8 or more wins. And he's coaching at NAVY. My vote is Paul Johnson way over Turner Gill any day. Turner Gill was a great player and all but he needs more experience at HC before coming to Nebraska. Paul Johnson has more experience at HC and this is his 6th season at Navy and he's now 43-29 at Navy and 105-39 overall. I don't want to sound like a prick but all of these negative talk on Bo Pelini you people need to open your eyes....this guy will bring us 9-10 wins per season and probably a National Championship. And his Defense may be in the slumps right now but LSU's offense isn't helping any and aren't they still winning games????? I'd rather be 10-2 than 5-7 any day.

Hey, you just made my point for Paul Johnson for me. Don't peg me for a Turner Gill fan because I am not. Like I said earlier I want a thorough process because it is too important to try another experiment because as bad as Nebraska was this year this team still has hope to be a decent team next year with the right coach. Some may say,"Oklahoma took a chance on a DC with no experience in Stoops." Well that situation is different. OU was at the bottom and had been bad for some time, there wasn't any other way to go but up and frankly at the time Stoops was hired Oklahoma wasn't very relevant in the national CFB scheme. But Nebraska is still relevant and not to the degree where they need to give a new head coach his big break. If Nebraska is at that point in 4-5 more years then it has lost it's allure of being a top program that a coach would want to come to. But now there is no reason that Nebraska shouldn't be going after top names that have experience that they can pay to come here instead of an unproven individual who hasn't had HC experience. The optimism with the athletes still here for next year make this job still attractive to good PROVEN coaches because as much as anyone would like to think otherwise, 5-7 is NOT rock bottom yet where you can't attract the top coaching talent.

We want BO!!!

You want Bo, I think the majority of fans want a quick thorough process with three or four formidable candidates to be looked at and the best one for the program to be decided on as the new coach. If that is Bo Pelini then great, if it isn't then great because the guy is still going to have my support and that of probably the whole fan base after the divisions that were caused by the last coach.

THE DIVISIONS WERE NOT CAUSED BY THE LAST COACH.

We want BO!!!

THE DIVISIONS WERE NOT CAUSED BY THE LAST COACH.

I'm sorry I mis-spoke, by the last AD. I not one of those guys who always places blame on Callahan in fact I usually defend him on some issues and people will tell you that. I was just typing too fast and didn't think on that one :)

I think the "slap in the face" the first time was because when Pelini was "interviewed" the first time it was nothing more then a "hey i said i'd interview you and here it is " token type interview... that was the slap in the face....

If TO interviews him and in his judgement does not think Bo is the best man for the job... then that should not be a 2nd slap in the face

ENJOY GO BIG RED

What I don't get with most of the Bo over Turner fans is the statement that "Turner needs more HC experience".

Not wanting to debate whether Turner has enough HC experience or not but if Turner doesn't then BO definitely doesn't (since he only has 1 game) and Paul Johnson has significantly more than Turner so he should have the HC experience slot filled.

Here is the best combination:

HC - Paul Johnson (for 6-8 years)

OC - Turner Gill (replaces Johnson in 2015)

DC - Bo Pelini