Will this have an effect?

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

The Black Coaches Association has had a negative reaction to T A&M's hiring of Mike Sherman. Now Ole Miss has now hired Huston Nutt and I would expect the same reaction here from the BCA. I wonder if this will have any influence on TO's decision making process.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Just like you can't have a program run by your boosters, you can't have a coaching search run by the BCA.

I wouldn't concern myself in the least with the BCA, honestly. What they espouse is actually illegal - you cannot hire or even look at someone because of the color of their skin. Title VII of the The Civil Rights Act of 1964 kind of frowns on stuff like that.

Just like you can't have a program run by your boosters, you can't have a coaching search run by the BCA.

I wouldn't concern myself in the least with the BCA, honestly. What they espouse is actually illegal - you cannot hire or even look at someone because of the color of their skin. Title VII of the The Civil Rights Act of 1964 kind of frowns on stuff like that.

Exactly. But don't tell the BCA that cuz you'll be labeled a racist.

Exactly. But don't tell the BCA that cuz you'll be labeled a racist.

I've been labeled worse. Of course, I'm an EEO Investigator, so I can probably ditch that label pretty quickly if anyone checks out my civil rights record. :)

Yeah see in today's wolrd you can't hire who you want to. People should be allowed to hire a person they feel qualified for the job, I don't care if they are black, white, yellow, woman or what ever we gotta fill quota's.

I realize things in the past lead to these types of organizations to piss and moan about things but some of the people nees to get a grip on life.