Osborne hits recruiting trail

DaveH

***SNIP***

1) Once Dr. Tom goes on an in-home visit, the new coach will not be able to. This might make it tough for the new coach to make a connection.

***SNIP***

I don't believe that's correct. The NCAA limits the number of individuals that can engage in off-campus or in-home contacts, but that number is something like seven. So, while it might be accurate to say that Dr. Tom's entrance removes ONE other coach from having contact, it doesn't mean that ALL coaches on staff can't have contact. At least, that's the way I read the rules.

So is TO just going to talk to kids who are already commited to make sure they are on board or is he going to talk to kids who decommited? I wouldn't think he would be getting new recruits as that should be the new coaches job and he may not want the kids TO picks.

Yeah Yeah I know that TO knows football and would pick good kids but that doesn't mean the new coach will want the same kids.

Unless he already knows who the new coach is and they talked about recriuts they would want and TO is going to go talk to them. HMMM!!!!

So is TO just going to talk to kids who are already commited to make sure they are on board or is he going to talk to kids who decommited? I wouldn't think he would be getting new recruits as that should be the new coaches job and he may not want the kids TO picks.

Yeah Yeah I know that TO knows football and would pick good kids but that doesn't mean the new coach will want the same kids.

Unless he already knows who the new coach is and they talked about recriuts they would want and TO is going to go talk to them. HMMM!!!!

I suspect that Dr. Tom's purpose is to, above all, do two things:

1. Try and keep the kids that have committed at least interested. He does so by letting them know that a hire is imminent, and that things will settle down shortly.

2. Open up the recruiting door for the coaching staff for, particularly, Nebraska kids. Not so much making an offer as to let them know NU is interested. Sort of greasing the skids for the new staff.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200...;u_sid=10196514

According to that article there, that the head coach may have ONE in home visit. But since T.O. is now the interim HC, one a permanent HC is appointed the new HC may visit the same people T.O. did. it'll be all good

TO is the interim AD. When was it stated that he is the interim HC as well?

edit: sorry I hadn't read the OWH article yet. Interesting.

My daughter just texted me from school. She goes to Elkhorn high. She said she just saw TO!!

She says he's in the admin office with TR. She's gonna' try to get a picture... Yeah...her and every other student there I'm sure...

Wonder if this would count as an "in home" visit?

trevor robinson baby

Wouldn't it be cool if he committed today...right after talkin' to TO...

My daughter just texted me from school. She goes to Elkhorn high. She said she just saw TO!!

She says he's in the admin office with TR. She's gonna' try to get a picture... Yeah...her and every other student there I'm sure...

Wonder if this would count as an "in home" visit?

trevor robinson baby

Wouldn't it be cool if he committed today...right after talkin' to TO...

:hellloooo:w00t

Oz already got his first recruit. A stud kid (some linebacker) signed the first game after TO was named interim A.D. OZ talked to him on a offical visit and the young man took his word that everything would be alright in the end and he would do fine at NU and the young man commited right away.

Also...

T.O. per NCAA rules will be allowed to continue to recruit for some time even after a HC is named. That has to be a bonus of huge porpotions. (can ya imagine someone commiting to NU because Stevo recruited him? I think not. Now TO walking in your living room with 5 NC rings and countless conf. title rings to show .... priceless.)