Who should be the permenant AD?

First post here and I just got back recently from 3 tours in Iraq and living in Germany so I am trying to get caught up on my beloved Huskers. Born and raised in Lincoln and graduated from Nebraska in 99 so I know of Rimington...but why is there so much talk about him being the next AD?

and of course....GBR!!

:restore

Rimington. Just because he was a badazz offensive lineman (center) and had funny 80s hair. :)

dave_rimington.jpg

rimington6.jpg

two time outland trophy winner and if you're the best center in college football for that year you get the trophy with his name on it.

i'm not sure how he'd be as an AD tho. then again, how much worse could it get?

First post here and I just got back recently from 3 tours in Iraq and living in Germany so I am trying to get caught up on my beloved Huskers. Born and raised in Lincoln and graduated from Nebraska in 99 so I know of Rimington...but why is there so much talk about him being the next AD?

and of course....GBR!!

Welcome Home and Thanks for serving!! :thumbs:w00t:cheers

There was/is a rumor floating around that Rimington may be brought in as Asst AD while Osborne is the Interim. Once Osborne steps down, Rimington would be moved to AD.

Thank you. I have seen a lot of love for our men and women in uniform on this board and I have to say it really does my heart good to see the good people of Nebraska still upholding the values that make our state so great.

Besides the great 80's hair,,,and the arguably the best center ever in the game of college football, what does he have that would make him a good money manager? Roger, got it, let the coach coach, AD's run have to run the whole department and balance the books. So why is Dave R getting so much attention?

and of course....GBR!

and of course....GBR!!

THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY!!!

I'd love to see Rimington. I think he'd do a great job. Another rumor I heard, which I am almost positive is NOT true is that Turner Gill will return as offensive coordinator and train to be the future AD. It makes no sense at all to me, not to mention Gill is just becoming a head coach. But as I said, Rimington would be pretty good.