A Recruiting Suggestion For Coach Osborne

Caught this online in the St. Petersburg paper:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/28/Sports/G..._Fayson_s.shtml

GAINESVILLE - Florida sophomore running back/receiver Jarred Fayson has left the program and will transfer to another school, UF officials confirmed Tuesday.

Fayson, a former Hillsborough High star quarterback, asked for permission to transfer on Tuesday and coach Urban Meyer granted his request.

Fayson, who decided he wants to play quarterback, has acknowledged he thought of leaving after playing sparingly last season. One school he's considering is West Virginia.

Granted it would be a tough sell given our coaching situation, but might be worth Coach Osborne's while to at least give him a phone call.

We are already stacked at QB, unless some of them bail. We need more defensive players than anything.

You know what tho? I think if we take a minute and listen to Jason Peter (a defensive monster man who likely STILL haunts the nightmarish dreams of Husker opponents from the 90's) I don't necessarily think we had a bunch of weak players, just a few UNDER-MOTIVATED players on defense. I think you get a FIRE BREATHING defensive coach in there with skills of motivational speech, two good defensive team leaders and WHAM! you got yourself a group of guys that believe again. I watched those defensive giants that worked under Coach T.O. all through the 70's, 80's and 90's and the players played for EACHOTHER, for NU and for their COACHES. It was like watching blood drinking stormtroopers when they played. They had heart and they had drive! They got that initially (and throughout) their coaching sessions and then 'bought into' it and passed it around like a first cigar amongst a group of 5th graders. You watch ANY of those teams play defense from about 1965 to 2002 or so and they LUSTED for the defensive game. They reveled in the QB sack. LIVED for the 'dropped for a loss'. Remember this; much can be accomplished by the dream of one man, if only he can illustrate that dream to his followers. I say we had a good portion of the talent to be MUCH, much better on defense the past couple of years. Not bashing Coach Cosgrove or his assistants, I'm just saying... GO BIG DREAD! Bring back the BLACKSHIRTS!

We are already stacked at QB, unless some of them bail. We need more defensive players than anything.

You know what tho? I think if we take a minute and listen to Jason Peter (a defensive monster man who likely STILL haunts the nightmarish dreams of Husker opponents from the 90's) I don't necessarily think we had a bunch of weak players, just a few UNDER-MOTIVATED players on defense. I think you get a FIRE BREATHING defensive coach in there with skills of motivational speech, two good defensive team leaders and WHAM! you got yourself a group of guys that believe again. I watched those defensive giants that worked under Coach T.O. all through the 70's, 80's and 90's and the players played for EACHOTHER, for NU and for their COACHES. It was like watching blood drinking stormtroopers when they played. They had heart and they had drive! They got that initially (and throughout) their coaching sessions and then 'bought into' it and passed it around like a first cigar amongst a group of 5th graders. You watch ANY of those teams play defense from about 1965 to 2002 or so and they LUSTED for the defensive game. They reveled in the QB sack. LIVED for the 'dropped for a loss'. Remember this; much can be accomplished by the dream of one man, if only he can illustrate that dream to his followers. I say we had a good portion of the talent to be MUCH, much better on defense the past couple of years. Not bashing Coach Cosgrove or his assistants, I'm just saying... GO BIG DREAD! Bring back the BLACKSHIRTS!

You've just given someone a GREAT idea for a new video game! :thumbs