Tom Osborne and his "mistake"

This is the past. Can't change it. Move forward.

I can tell you put a lot of thoughtful consideration into that oxymoron of a reply. Thank you. I'll just forget I ever heard that.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

H-Deb is right. What happened or didn't happen ten years ago is water long under the bridge.

Move on. Its a new day.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

you couldnt be more wrong

solich was a mediocre coach

the only reason he went 9-3 his last season is because the defense saved his ass over and over

That is often true-- if you consider that it's the defense's job to not let the other team score more points than your own. All of those times that McBride saved TO's ass by keeping the opponent's score lower than our score really give TO a black eye.

the only reason he went 9-3 his last season is because the defense saved his ass over and over

That is often true-- if you consider that it's the defense's job to not let the other team score more points than your own. All of those times that McBride saved TO's ass by keeping the opponent's score lower than our score really give TO a black eye.

really, i've put it on here before, but go look at his offensive stats. they're garbage. solich wasnt a horrible coach but he was NOT the right person for the job. looking at the 9-3 record only tells a portion of the story. the defense was more or less responsible for every win that season

i swear to god i am tired of people looking at half the picture and forming a whole opinion on here

really, i've put it on here before, but go look at his offensive stats. they're garbage. solich wasnt a horrible coach but he was NOT the right person for the job. looking at the 9-3 record only tells a portion of the story. the defense was more or less responsible for every win that season

i swear to god i am tired of people looking at half the picture and forming a whole opinion on here

could you not say the same thing for LSU this year. the simple fact is that frank solich was not so bad to warrant us doubting osbornes

That and he was rolling with all of TO's recruits. Then couldn't recruit talent himself.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

we are lucky the NCAA didnt catch us play all of those kids 6+ years

:rollin

That and he was rolling with all of TO's recruits. Then couldn't recruit talent himself.

lets also keep in mind that TO didnt have much better record than solich his first few years... and he inherited just as good of a program. lets not forget NU won 2 titles in 70 and 71

This is the past. Can't change it. Move forward.

I can tell you put a lot of thoughtful consideration into that oxymoron of a reply. Thank you. I'll just forget I ever heard that.

And you are an :asshat

i have a few words to describe you, but they would warrant a vacation so i'll hold my tongue.

now to your idea, didn't some great american...something like Churchill state that "if you don't learn from the past your bound to repeat it?" i may be confused but i guess that's to complex of a thought.

Kind of like Calllllllahan, he did well when he had FS's recruits, but look what happened when almost all of Frank's guys went to the NFL.

Yes lets look at the WHOLE picture, like the entire team, which is what the HEAD COACH is responsible for and something that Calllllllahan never could understand. Once it became clear to Frank that he could not be OC/HC, he hired someone to take over as OC which was something else that Calllllllahan never would have done.

The WHOLE TEAM under Solich won about 75% of its games, and only 55% under Calllllllahan.