God how I hate the BCS

BeachBuffs

There needs to be an 8 team playoff system...it is time.

playoff system still won't settle it. People will complain and moan more that their team didn't get in and be back at the same spot we are now. What you do is take all the conference champions put in a ping pong lottery system so that no voting takes place and people can't complain. You would keep using the ping pongs til you are down to the last two teams and they play for the NC.

That would be the dumbest thing ever

People, we must use common sense. Playoffs work in high school football, Division 1AA football, even the NFL. It works in Baseball, Basketball, even in the PBA (bowling) but it just won't work in Division 1 College football. I don't know why, I just heard the experts say that on tv. Perhaps we need new experts then we idiots can get on with the obvious.

Just a little constructive criticism... does anyone think this board is WAY too strict with its organization of threads? This has got to be the single most meticulously arranged sports forum on the internet.

Not to mention that most people don't troll the "Misc. NCAA Football" section....

There needs to be an 8 team playoff system...it is time.

playoff system still won't settle it. People will complain and moan more that their team didn't get in and be back at the same spot we are now. What you do is take all the conference champions put in a ping pong lottery system so that no voting takes place and people can't complain. You would keep using the ping pongs til you are down to the last two teams and they play for the NC.

That would be the dumbest thing ever

Care to explain why or do you prefer complaining and moaning on how their team didn't get in? Most complain that certain teams get more votes because of their conference or their preference, mine would eliminate all that. keeping it in voters hands is stupid because of bias. Face it should a two loss team get in when there is plenty of one loss teams that should get a shot?

A playoff system is very selfish. I am not a college athlete, but I am a college student and it would be totally unfair to make these guys deal with a playoff in the middle of finals and everything else that comes with the ending of a semester of classes. A playoff isn't a clear-cut answer to these problems.

BTW: WHY THE HELL DO WRITERS/TALKING HEADS BITCH ABOUT RANKINGS? Don't they control their own rankings? If they are so much smarter than the coaches that do the coaches poll, they why the hell are the polls essentially mirrors of each other every week. If they really think LSU and USC are the best teams at the moment, then vote them there and then bitch that the BCS/Coaches poll isn't the same...VOTE THE TEAM NOT THE RECORD....

[/rant off]

A playoff system is very selfish. I am not a college athlete, but I am a college student and it would be totally unfair to make these guys deal with a playoff in the middle of finals and everything else that comes with the ending of a semester of classes. A playoff isn't a clear-cut answer to these problems.

BTW: WHY THE HELL DO WRITERS/TALKING HEADS BITCH ABOUT RANKINGS? Don't they control their own rankings? If they are so much smarter than the coaches that do the coaches poll, they why the hell are the polls essentially mirrors of each other every week. If they really think LSU and USC are the best teams at the moment, then vote them there and then bitch that the BCS/Coaches poll isn't the same...VOTE THE TEAM NOT THE RECORD....

[/rant off]

Because the AP top 25 no longer factors into the rankings. Plus if they put LSU and USC in then they show that they shouldn't even be voting anyways.

[/rant off]

Because the AP top 25 no longer factors into the rankings. Plus if they put LSU and USC in then they show that they shouldn't even be voting anyways.

I know their vote doesn't matter (hence: we won in 97 outright, and USC never went back to back), but if thats how they all truly feel, then vote it. Don't vote one way and cry about it afterward.

Just a little constructive criticism... does anyone think this board is WAY too strict with its organization of threads? This has got to be the single most meticulously arranged sports forum on the internet.

The reason is two-fold. When we didn't do it, members complained endlessly. Additionally, the idea is to allow people to quickly read the areas that interest them, without having to wade through 10 times the threads about things they didn't want to read.

You shorten the season... and remember, only 8 schools have to worry about a playoff. I'm sure that the kids who end up making it would be fine with that... just ask them.

Cut out the fat of the preconference schedule. End the season a week earlier... start playoffs. Still have the NC in January giving all kids a nice break.

Top 6 conference champs with two wild cards.

You shorten the season... and remember, only 8 schools have to worry about a playoff. I'm sure that the kids who end up making it would be fine with that... just ask them.

Cut out the fat of the preconference schedule. End the season a week earlier... start playoffs. Still have the NC in January giving all kids a nice break.

Top 6 conference champs with two wild cards.

I really don't like the idea of conference tie ins. Look at Ohio State, I really cant think of one team in the current top 10 that would lose to them. They are the product of a weak ass conference this year just like Kansas is a product of a weak conference schedule (though I do think Kansas is better than most teams out there..) Let the TOP 8 teams play if you are going to have a play-off.

16 teams, Conference Champions make up 11 of the automatic slots, the remaining 5 are at large just like in the NCAA basektball tournament. You can squelch any bitching if someone doesn't get in by telling them "next time win your freakin conference". Everyone gets seeded in this example Ohio State is the #1 seed and will play Bowling Green in the first round. Georgia would be an at-large bid along with KU, Mizzou, ASU, and Florida. You shorten the regular season down to a maximum of 11 games a season and then you start the playoffs.

16 teams, Conference Champions make up 11 of the automatic slots, the remaining 5 are at large just like in the NCAA basektball tournament. You can squelch any bitching if someone doesn't get in by telling them "next time win your freakin conference". Everyone gets seeded in this example Ohio State is the #1 seed and will play Bowling Green in the first round. Georgia would be an at-large bid along with KU, Mizzou, ASU, and Florida. You shorten the regular season down to a maximum of 11 games a season and then you start the playoffs.

I was thinking 16 too... but that's 4 games in addition to the regular schedule... could get quite harrowing. But it would be much more fair.

I believe that when the NCAA takes the next step in changes that they will have to include ALL the conferences or risk Congress getting involved and you know how the NCAA likes to protect their little fortress of abusing student athletes for their own financial gain.

Yes I am a Buffs fan, which means to a lot of you I don't know the difference between a bong and a counter tre, but I am a college football fan first and foremost. Now with that said as it stands right now, Mizzou is tied with OU and WVU is down to Pitt. What this all means is that Ohio State could play Georgia for the BCS title. Why am I peeved? Because, OSU hasn't played anyone in a month and the only two challenging games they played they went 1-1 and Georgia didn't even play for the SEC, that is rediculous. Can you believe that only 3 years ago and Auburn team that ran the table in the SEC didn't even play for the BCS yet a 2 loss Georgia team might? This is soooo screwed up I cannot even fathom this. I hate the BCS and the college presidents that have screwed up college football. At least when there was no BCS we all had our little bowls and regardless it was important. Hell, we don't even get the Orange Bowl anymore, you guys bitch about not playing OU, how they hell did we get shafted with the Tostitos Bowl???

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

We are Brothers In Different Colored Jerseys. The only thing the BCS has accomplished is the total F--- Up of New Years Day and the end of the college football season. You can't make me believe that there is anything good about having a team playing for the NC that hasn't played a down in 10+ weeks.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez