God how I hate the BCS

BeachBuffs

What, you'd rather have a two-loss team than Kansas? If Nebraska can lose their division and still make the title game, then Kansas certainly can.

What we have to keep in mind this season is that common sense does not apply. :thumbs

Kansas

All Games 11-1

at Home 7-0

on Road 4-0

at Neutral Site 0-1

on Grass Field 2-1

on Turf Field 9-0

vs. Conference 7-1

vs. Non-Conference 4-0

vs. Winning 2-1

vs. Non-Winning 9-0

vs. Ranked (AP) 0-1

vs. Unranked (AP) 11-0

in August/September 4-0

in October 4-0

in November 3-1

in December/January 0-0

Explain to me why a team that only played 1 ranked team all year and only 2 teams with a winning record ( Missey and not sure) and lost to them deserves to be in the NC.

What, you'd rather have a two-loss team than Kansas? If Nebraska can lose their division and still make the title game, then Kansas certainly can.

What we have to keep in mind this season is that common sense does not apply. :thumbs

Kansas

All Games 11-1

at Home 7-0

on Road 4-0

at Neutral Site 0-1

on Grass Field 2-1

on Turf Field 9-0

vs. Conference 7-1

vs. Non-Conference 4-0

vs. Winning 2-1

vs. Non-Winning 9-0

vs. Ranked (AP) 0-1

vs. Unranked (AP) 11-0

in August/September 4-0

in October 4-0

in November 3-1

in December/January 0-0

Explain to me why a team that only played 1 ranked team all year and only 2 teams with a winning record ( Missey and not sure) and lost to them deserves to be in the NC.

They don't, they were good but not NC good.

Kansas

All Games 11-1

at Home 7-0

on Road 4-0

at Neutral Site 0-1

on Grass Field 2-1

on Turf Field 9-0

vs. Conference 7-1

vs. Non-Conference 4-0

vs. Winning 2-1

vs. Non-Winning 9-0

vs. Ranked (AP) 0-1

vs. Unranked (AP) 11-0

in August/September 4-0

in October 4-0

in November 3-1

in December/January 0-0

The fact of the matter is, this year in NCAA football, any team can beat any other team. Who can count how many ranked teams (heck, even top ten teams) have lost to unranked teams this year? The fact that they only have one loss should be enough.

The fact of the matter is, this year in NCAA football, any team can beat any other team. Who can count how many ranked teams (heck, even top ten teams) have lost to unranked teams this year? The fact that they only have one loss should be enough.

Just for the record, Florida International and Southeastern Louisiana need to be excluded from your "any team can beat any other team" assertion.

Just for the record, Florida International and Southeastern Louisiana need to be excluded from your "any team can beat any other team" assertion.

I want those two teams playing for the BCS just to fudge up the BCS even more :)

The BCS is a joke and everybody knows it. Even the guys running the BCS know its a joke but they will not change it because they only thing that matters to the BCS guys is money. It is true that the BCS does a lot of good for a lot of people, however it does no good for the people that are actually playing the game. So until someone who actually cares about football and not about the size of their wallet or if someone can come up with a way make the money these bowl games do with a playoff system we are stuck with this joke they call the BCS.

Playoffs make sense... and there have been many ideas that would work well. I don't see how they wouldn't make MORE money for the big dogs than this stupid system... these "championship" games aren't nearly as exciting as every single playoff would be! Each game would have meaning and every fan would be interested...

Playoffs make sense... and there have been many ideas that would work well. I don't see how they wouldn't make MORE money for the big dogs than this stupid system... these "championship" games aren't nearly as exciting as every single playoff would be! Each game would have meaning and every fan would be interested...

I beg to differ, I find watching year end games to be far more enjoyable when the only thing on the line is a larger payout, increased alumni donations, and a likely spot in the next year's preseason top 25 poll (which, just for the record, should also continue to exist as it makes a great deal of sense and is marvelous).

I beg to differ, I find watching year end games to be far more enjoyable when the only thing on the line is a larger payout, increased alumni donations, and a likely spot in the next year's preseason top 25 poll (which, just for the record, should also continue to exist as it makes a great deal of sense and is marvelous).

I agree with almost everything except your last statement.... "next year's preseason top 25 poll"

I have always hated the idea of pre-ranking teams before they even take the field. Ala Notre Dumb every year! I would love to see the rankings come out after week 2 of the season. Although, almost every season, the first two weeks of BCS conference teams are playing against "warm up teams" anyways, but alteast it would be a little more close to their deserving ranking.