God how I hate the BCS

BeachBuffs

I think the winners of the four main conferences should play in the top 2 BCS bowls since, IMO, it looks like right now that LSU, OU, USC, and OSU are the top four teams.

LSU vs OU in the big one(for the NC) and USC vs OSU another one(doesn't matter which one).

Thank god all of the pretenders have been weeded out. I don't think HI deserves to be in a BCS bowl, since their schedule strength is, like, #102(as per computer rating). But I guess there's an agreement that they get in one if they're rated #12 or higher at regular season's end. Whatever....

It was inevitable--with the increasing parity in cfb--that the BCS would become a complete mess like it is this year. I don't think it has been too bad up until now.

But I too want a playoff system.......

Just a little constructive criticism... does anyone think this board is WAY too strict with its organization of threads? This has got to be the single most meticulously arranged sports forum on the internet.

The reason is two-fold. When we didn't do it, members complained endlessly. Additionally, the idea is to allow people to quickly read the areas that interest them, without having to wade through 10 times the threads about things they didn't want to read.

Well, I'm new here, and the organization looks very good to me!

I don't think Hawaii should be punished on strength of schedule, they do not operate on an athletic budget that allows them to travel the 48 seeking out games. If memory serves me correct there are NCAA rules that prohibit non-WAC teams from scheduling games in Hawaii more then two years straight, I believe they are the only school in the nation that has restrictions on it who they play.

A playoff system is very selfish. I am not a college athlete, but I am a college student and it would be totally unfair to make these guys deal with a playoff in the middle of finals and everything else that comes with the ending of a semester of classes. A playoff isn't a clear-cut answer to these problems.

BTW: WHY THE HELL DO WRITERS/TALKING HEADS BITCH ABOUT RANKINGS? Don't they control their own rankings? If they are so much smarter than the coaches that do the coaches poll, they why the hell are the polls essentially mirrors of each other every week. If they really think LSU and USC are the best teams at the moment, then vote them there and then bitch that the BCS/Coaches poll isn't the same...VOTE THE TEAM NOT THE RECORD....

[/rant off]

The coaches poll has been criticized because many admitted during the season they are too busy and let assistants or SIDs' do the balloting. Plus, it isn't until the final poll that who voted for who is released.

I think the winners of the four main conferences should play in the top 2 BCS bowls since, IMO, it looks like right now that LSU, OU, USC, and OSU are the top four teams.

LSU vs OU in the big one(for the NC) and USC vs OSU another one(doesn't matter which one).

Thank god all of the pretenders have been weeded out. I don't think HI deserves to be in a BCS bowl, since their schedule strength is, like, #102(as per computer rating). But I guess there's an agreement that they get in one if they're rated #12 or higher at regular season's end. Whatever....

It was inevitable--with the increasing parity in cfb--that the BCS would become a complete mess like it is this year. I don't think it has been too bad up until now.

But I too want a playoff system.......

Just wait til Hawaii play, if they beat Georgia then this whole non-sense about teams from lesser conferences getting BCS bids, they can finally shut their mouth.