God how I hate the BCS

BeachBuffs

Yes I am a Buffs fan, which means to a lot of you I don't know the difference between a bong and a counter tre, but I am a college football fan first and foremost. Now with that said as it stands right now, Mizzou is tied with OU and WVU is down to Pitt. What this all means is that Ohio State could play Georgia for the BCS title. Why am I peeved? Because, OSU hasn't played anyone in a month and the only two challenging games they played they went 1-1 and Georgia didn't even play for the SEC, that is rediculous. Can you believe that only 3 years ago and Auburn team that ran the table in the SEC didn't even play for the BCS yet a 2 loss Georgia team might? This is soooo screwed up I cannot even fathom this. I hate the BCS and the college presidents that have screwed up college football. At least when there was no BCS we all had our little bowls and regardless it was important. Hell, we don't even get the Orange Bowl anymore, you guys bitch about not playing OU, how they hell did we get shafted with the Tostitos Bowl???

If Ohio State and Georgia end up in the NC, Eric Crouch should put on some pads and quarterback the Bulldogs. :lol:

As I see it, the only thing that's going to kill the BCS is a manifestation of the absolute worst case scenario (like if Miami had lost to Virginia Tech in 01). I'd much rather have the BCS season go horribly wrong than have it end the way it's designed to.

If Ohio State and Georgia end up in the NC, Eric Crouch should put on some pads and quarterback the Bulldogs. :lol:

As I see it, the only thing that's going to kill the BCS is a manifestation of the absolute worst case scenario (like if Miami had lost to Virginia Tech in 01). I'd much rather have the BCS season go horribly wrong than have it end the way it's designed to.

Looks like its going to be Georgia Ohio State with a West Virginia lose and OU up 14.

Hawaii should be in the title game. Sending a TWO-LOSS team instead of an undefeated team, no matter WHAT conference they're from. If Hawaii beats Washington tonight, THEY have accomplished what no other team has done this season and that's win all their games.

But if they're considering sending Georgia and not Kansas, that's ridiculous. Georgia has two losses and didn't win their division. Kansas has ONE loss and didn't win its division.

There needs to be an 8 team playoff system...it is time.

playoff system still won't settle it. People will complain and moan more that their team didn't get in and be back at the same spot we are now. What you do is take all the conference champions put in a ping pong lottery system so that no voting takes place and people can't complain. You would keep using the ping pongs til you are down to the last two teams and they play for the NC.

Hawaii should be in the title game. Sending a TWO-LOSS team instead of an undefeated team, no matter WHAT conference they're from. If Hawaii beats Washington tonight, THEY have accomplished what no other team has done this season and that's win all their games.

But if they're considering sending Georgia and not Kansas, that's ridiculous. Georgia has two losses and didn't win their division. Kansas has ONE loss and didn't win its division.

10 minutes until the BCS is blown to smitherines!! About damn time. If people out there still don't want a playoff they need to get a clue. The BCS is a joke and it makes college football look horrible.

No one can make an arguement for Kansas.

Most people are saying that it will be LSU versus Ohio State for the national title. I would like to see a Hawaii - Ohio State national title game. If Hawaii wins tonight then they are the only undefeated team left. So why not let them play in the title game over a 2 loss team from a major conference? It could be the time for people to start looking at teams from lower tier conferences seriously. You could also see how these teams match up against teams from BCS conferences. It's a crazy idea and it won't happen, but it would be a better title game than a 1 loss OSU team that didn't really play anyone that good and plays in a weak conference without a CCG against LSU a 2 loss team, and 2 loss teams shouldn't be in a title game.

Most people are saying that it will be LSU versus Ohio State for the national title. I would like to see a Hawaii - Ohio State national title game. If Hawaii wins tonight then they are the only undefeated team left. So why not let them play in the title game over a 2 loss team from a major conference? It could be the time for people to start looking at teams from lower tier conferences seriously. You could also see how these teams match up against teams from BCS conferences. It's a crazy idea and it won't happen, but it would be a better title game than a 1 loss OSU team that didn't really play anyone that good and plays in a weak conference without a CCG against LSU a 2 loss team, and 2 loss teams shouldn't be in a title game.

Didn't Les Miles say that LSU is 10-0-2 since they lost both games in 3OT? So it should be Hawai'i vs. LSU. :lol: