Predictions for Next Year

Ok, so now that we know who's in the top slot, what do people think about our chances next year? I know that I'm pumped up on adrenaline and warm feelings, but I'm honestly very hopeful. I don't see any reason why a real defense (fingers crossed!) and playing with real emotion again couldn't turn us around in a hurry.

I think we'll land at leat 9 wins next year. Am I delusional? What does the rest of the Husker family think?

Ok, so now that we know who's in the top slot, what do people think about our chances next year? I know that I'm pumped up on adrenaline and warm feelings, but I'm honestly very hopeful. I don't see any reason why a real defense (fingers crossed!) and playing with real emotion again couldn't turn us around in a hurry.

I think we'll land at leat 9 wins next year. Am I delusional? What does the rest of the Husker family think?

I don't think 9-10 wins is out of the question. I think we'll have a better indication at Spring Game. It all comes down to the defense.

I don't think 9-10 wins is out of the question. I think we'll have a better indication at Spring Game. It all comes down to the defense.

You know what is really crazy, at the Spring Game they will probably play 1's againsts 1's so that we can have a really good gauge of both sides of the ball. What a wild concept. :box

Oh yeah, and I predict that we can start that old tradition of at least 9 wins a season again. Wouldn't that be nice? :w00t

Yes, you are delusional. But you are enthusiastic! And that is awesome. So let me join you in your delusion --- why not is' s the off season. GBR 9 wins!

I agree with 9 wins. Lose Big 12 title, win bowl game for 9th win.

This is pretty much what I was thinking. I'd like more, but this result would be a major victory.

And it is all about the defense. Oklahoma showed what a great D can do against the new powers of the Big 12 North last night. It'll be so refreshing to have a return to what Big 12 football is all about. I felt like I was watching WAC football or, shudder, PAC 10 football this year.

To quote the old cliche, DEFENSE wins championships. (Though having a Tommie Frazier in the backfield doesn't hurt either...)

Woah.. woah woah, settle down people. Pelini was hired TODAY. We don't know exactly what kind of offense we'll see, and for crying out loud we don't even know what players we will have (if anyone transfers + what happens with recruiting). We have no idea who the assitants will be. There will surely be a big transition.. not nearly as big as Callahan's WCO transition, but a big transition nonetheless.

The last thing we need now is to have ridiculous expectations. I really don't care about wins and losses next year. What I want to see is players playing their hearts out. I want to see leadership and character. And yes, I want to see defenders flying to the ball.. much more physicalness on the lines. I want to see consistency.. not only consistent play on the field, but consistency from the coaches. But ultimately, I want to see that this program is going in the right direction. The hardest thing about this season wasn't the # of Wins and Losses, it was the way in which we won and the way in which we lost.

So, no I'm not expecting 9-10 wins next year, although I wouldn't discount the possibilty. But, that's not what I want to see. I want to see a totally different feel to the program, a renewed passion, better leadership. And I think we will get that from Bo.

After the spring game we might have a bit better idea of where we're at. But at this point, it is absurd blind guesswork. The important thing is that after watching that press conference, I have the overwhelming feeling that things will be right in Huskerland very soon.

Woah.. woah woah, settle down people. Pelini was hired TODAY. We don't know exactly what kind of offense we'll see, and for crying out loud we don't even know what players we will have (if anyone transfers + what happens with recruiting). We have no idea who the assitants will be. There will surely be a big transition.. not nearly as big as Callahan's WCO transition, but a big transition nonetheless.

The last thing we need now is to have ridiculous expectations. I really don't care about wins and losses next year. What I want to see is players playing their hearts out. I want to see leadership and character. And yes, I want to see defenders flying to the ball.. much more physicalness on the lines. I want to see consistency.. not only consistent play on the field, but consistency from the coaches. But ultimately, I want to see that this program is going in the right direction. The hardest thing about this season wasn't the # of Wins and Losses, it was the way in which we won and the way in which we lost.

So, no I'm not expecting 9-10 wins next year, although I wouldn't discount the possibilty. But, that's not what I want to see. I want to see a totally different feel to the program, a renewed passion, better leadership. And I think we will get that from Bo.

After the spring game we might have a bit better idea of where we're at. But at this point, it is absurd blind guesswork. The important thing is that after watching that press conference, I have the overwhelming feeling that things will be right in Huskerland very soon.

Well said, Kid. (You kill-joy!)

Seriously though, I completely agree. We need to get our heart and soul, our identity back first. Once we do that, winning will follow. Most of us around here would be ecstatic if we could just get that first piece back next year.

I'm just looking forward to the team coming out and playing with heart and attitude, blocking and tackling well, and playing to win. Just want to see some physical play. Want to see some of these athletes play at, or close to, their potential.

If the team does that, they will win the games they can win. That is all we can ask.