How did the News Conference go for Pelini?

News Conference  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He smashed it out of the park. Everything that's been wrong in the last four years was touched on and he assured me that he is the guy we're looking for. I can't wait to see the team he fields in the spring.

LOL...makes you wonder if someone in the AD's office hasn't been reading this forum and coached him what to say....

Honestly though, I think he truly has a love for this state and program...I think that will take him a long way with not only the program, but the fans. I hope everyone will get squarely behind him and support him, even if we do have some rough times, which we will.

He said all the right things, and made me believe. The only criticism I would have is he seemed a bit nervous at times.

After seeing the way BC was practically run out of town...lol...think I might have been a little nervous too. I think Pelini will win over the press because I think he will give his honest thoughts, not the same canned thoughts that we have been getting the past 4 years.

Public speaking is not his strong point and neither is public relations....we all knew that coming in.....with that said, I think he did a decent job.... I think he understands that "PR" is not his strength, so that would explain him being nervous. He got me excited.......but, I'm glad I wasn't playing a drinking game called "opportunity" or I would be sh!t faced right now :corndance

Public speaking is not his strong point and neither is public relations....we all knew that coming in.....with that said, I think he did a decent job.... I think he understands that "PR" is not his strength, so that would explain him being nervous. He got me excited.......but, I'm glad I wasn't playing a drinking game called "opportunity" or I would be sh!t faced right now :corndance

And that's it. He's never been known as good in front of the press. I believe that will change for the better as he gains experience. I can't wait for the first Bo Pelini Show next year.

And that's it. He's never been known as good in front of the press. I believe that will change for the better as he gains experience. I can't wait for the first Bo Pelini Show next year.

I think he did okay...and he will get better. I used to hate Solich's news conferences...I liked him as a coach, but when he sat in front of the press, he acted like he didn't have a clue to how to run a program or to fix what was wrong. I think that ultimately did him in, unfortunately. I wish him well, but I don't think Nebraska was the place for him as a HC then or now...you have to hold the hand of the fans here, they expect to be told what is going on or what is being done to fix it. BC didn't understand that either....but he took the stance that we were Sand Hillbillies and couldn't understand...bad move. :box