ESPN Sports Center?

ssfranny

The only problem I have is that they gave Houston Nutt airtime for leaving Arky, they are going nuts on their Michigan Coverage and NU gets nothing even though they just hired the Defensive Coordinator that beat tennesee and is playing for a national championship?

I agree with you, but from their perspective we've been so bad for so long that we're no longer a big news story.

It's up to us to FORCE them to cover our team.

I never get the "ESPN hates <your favorite team goes here>" conspiracies (NU fans aren't alone in feeling this way about their school, btw). Certainly they have some individuals that aren't big fans of one program or another, but for the most part, I think the network's coverage is fair and unbiased. At times, I think honesty is confused for hostility.

From what I saw, they gave Callahan and Pederson's dismissals plenty of coverage, and they covered Osborne's hiring as interim AD, as well as him appointing himself interim HC. The coaching search got daily coverage on multiple shows. There is one simple reason that Pelini's announcement didn't get as much air time, and that is because of when it occurred in the news cycle - right in the middle of the NFL game day and BCS announcement day. If it had been announced on Monday, it would have gotten more coverage or at least higher billing, although it would have been behind coverage of the Patriots / Ravens game and the Sean Taylor funeral.

While there have been some legitimate examples of Nebraska hatred on ESPN recently (like Herbstreit pooping in his panties when 3 Husker teams ended up being among the greatest all time - anyone can find that on You Tube), you have to understand why those few individuals hate us: because we were so damn good for so damn long.

Now we're not so good, so people are enjoying taking shots at us. The rise of our team will only make them look like idiots in the long run. We will have the last laugh. GBR