Poetic Justice if Hawaii gets the upset in the Sugar Bowl

------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it is a long shot but here's some food for thought if the stars align right...

The AP sportswriters' get the last laugh if Hawaii ends up undefeated. Then they vote Hawaii their Number One for another split championship and spit in the face of the BCS Championship.

They've voted split champions in the past on several occasions. It could be justified this year if there emerges only one undefeated team.

Then that speeds up the process of moving to a playoff system sorely needed in Division I. The powers of the BCS wouldn't like the egg on their collective faces. What a joke the system is now.

And the bitchin' and moanin' from either the LSU or OSU fans having to split their spoils with a WAC team would be priceless. But hey, who gave Boise St. a snowballs chance in Hell v OU last year?

I know I'm dreaming but darn I'd like to see a playoff before Lee Corzo croaks. His quote, "it is not going to happen in my lifetime"

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Let's face it, the media is on the East coast. The established college football power conferences and teams don't care to let upstarts into their club. Why? Money, of course. Football pays the way for the entire Athletic Department of many schools. Prop 9 forced schools to reallocate resources to teams that for one reason or another do not pay for themselves. The only way to continue to fund required programs and maintain the status quo is to exclude the Boise States, Hawaiis and Apalacha States from the big money pies at the end of the year. The Status Quo is the biggest obstacle to the advancement of any of man's endeavors. The fact that Ohio State is in the NC game is proof positive that change is needed and needed badly.

>>>T_O_B

Let's face it, the media is on the East coast. The established college football power conferences and teams don't care to let upstarts into their club. Why? Money, of course. Football pays the way for the entire Athletic Department of many schools. Prop 9 forced schools to reallocate resources to teams that for one reason or another do not pay for themselves. The only way to continue to fund required programs and maintain the status quo is to exclude the Boise States, Hawaiis and Apalacha States from the big money pies at the end of the year. The Status Quo is the biggest obstacle to the advancement of any of man's endeavors. The fact that Ohio State is in the NC game is proof positive that change is needed and needed badly.

>>>T_O_B

Thanks for agreeing with me! Hawaii, if undefeated, is number 1 in the AP if they have the nads. Otherwise, quit their belly aching and move on to steroids on the PGA.

I know it is a long shot but here's some food for thought if the stars align right...

The AP sportswriters' get the last laugh if Hawaii ends up undefeated. Then they vote Hawaii their Number One for another split championship and spit in the face of the BCS Championship.

They've voted split champions in the past on several occasions. It could be justified this year if there emerges only one undefeated team.

Then that speeds up the process of moving to a playoff system sorely needed in Division I. The powers of the BCS wouldn't like the egg on their collective faces. What a joke the system is now.

And the bitchin' and moanin' from either the LSU or OSU fans having to split their spoils with a WAC team would be priceless. But hey, who gave Boise St. a snowballs chance in Hell v OU last year?

I know I'm dreaming but darn I'd like to see a playoff before Lee Corzo croaks. His quote, "it is not going to happen in my lifetime"

Sadly, the AP electing its own national champion has the significance of the Confederacy printing its own currency.

Sadly, the AP electing its own national champion has the significance of the Confederacy printing its own currency.

Didn't the AP vote us a co national champs when the coaches voted Michigan #1...or vice a versa?

Going senile here...

Actually received a confederate penny from the elderly lady on our block trick or treating in my youth many years ago. And now I can't find it...I'm pushing retirement back until I find that sucker!

he was talking about not needing the BCA (Black Coaches Association) not the BCS when he said that it wont happen in his lifetime

Didn't the AP vote us a co national champs when the coaches voted Michigan #1...or vice a versa?

Going senile here...

Actually received a confederate penny from the elderly lady on our block trick or treating in my youth many years ago. And now I can't find it...I'm pushing retirement back until I find that sucker!

I am pretty sure that it was the coaches that voted the Huskers national champs, I might be wrong on that though(50/50 shot). The AP is no longer part of the BCS equation, so them awarding a separate national champion would be about as significant as if I were to do that.