BRINGING BACK OLD COACHES

OLDMAN

Wasn't that a problem with the old coaches and Solich in that they didn't know how to RECRUIT?

No that was the problem with the coaches the year before when Solich went 7-7. Coaches like George Darlington and Milt Tenipor were GREAT coaches but not motivated recruiters at that point in their careers. When Solich brought in these new coaches in '03 the Huskers went 10-3, so I think they will be able to recruit and most importantly motivate and get the best out of their players.

Wasn't that a problem with the old coaches and Solich in that they didn't know how to RECRUIT?

That was the mantra sung by Pud. Screw Pud. You can see where his theory got us. If we retro to the Solich era, works for me. I'll take .750 and an occasional shot at the title and so will everyone else on this board.

WE LOST PERSPECTIVE WITH SOLICH AND IT'S HIGH TIME EVERYONE HERE JUST ADMIT IT AND GO ON.

Going .750 is studly, and we were RARELY embarrassed. And the truth is, we were gathering steam for another run with Pelini on board.

GIVE ME THOSE OLD COACHES BACK ANY DAY OF THE WEEK THANK YOU. :corndance

Let Pud and Cally go get their big time recruiting classes and finish in the bottom half of 1-A every year and have fun at it!!!

plus, i believe bo would fire anyone that was underperforming as a coach, unlike callahan

so if someone wasn't holding up their end of the deal recruiting wise, i don't think he'd hesitate to let them go

WELL YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD FIRE PPLS THAT WAS UNDERPERFORMING NEWAYS,BUT IAM THINKING ALL THE COACHING STAFF WILL BE GONE WITHIN 2 YEARS

No that was the problem with the coaches the year before when Solich went 7-7. Coaches like George Darlington and Milt Tenipor were GREAT coaches but not motivated recruiters at that point in their careers. When Solich brought in these new coaches in '03 the Huskers went 10-3, so I think they will be able to recruit and most importantly motivate and get the best out of their players.

your reasoning doesn't make sense, the team that went 10-3 would be Solich's 02 and before staff not the newer guys who you said could recuirt better, those guys would have been on Cally's team, so they were better coaches overall

your reasoning doesn't make sense, the team that went 10-3 would be Solich's 02 and before staff not the newer guys who you said could recuirt better, those guys would have been on Cally's team, so they were better coaches overall

What I was trying to say is that the "old coaches" before '03 were not good recruiters. The '03 staff really didn't have a chance to recruit but proved they were good coaches. They were still Solich's old staff's recruits, but Solcih had to change and adapt to get better players to compete.