Strength Coach hired

Mike Ekeler, who is an assistant strength coach at LSU, similar to what Joe Rudolph did at Ohio State is also joining the staff. I've been told Ekeler has a lot of experience and he's real tight with the Pelini's and Stoops'. He's actually from Blair, NE and played at K-State. Another Husker connection is he's former NU All-American Bob Martin's nephew.

Both Ekeler and John Papuchis are already on the road recruiting. So with those two LSU guys on board, I believe that makes one spot left on staff that we haven't confirmed....I've got Carl Pelini, Ron Brown, Barney Cotton, Marvin Sanders, Shawn Watson, Ted Gilmore, Mike Ekeler and John Papuchis as eight of the nine guys on staff...I believe that leaves one offensive spot open at this point...I'm hearing it could be Randy Jordan for the final spot.

Mike Ekeler, who is an assistant strength coach at LSU, similar to what Joe Rudolph did at Ohio State is also joining the staff. I've been told Ekeler has a lot of experience and he's real tight with the Pelini's and Stoops'. He's actually from Blair, NE and played at K-State. Another Husker connection is he's former NU All-American Bob Martin's nephew.

Both Ekeler and John Papuchis are already on the road recruiting. So with those two LSU guys on board, I believe that makes one spot left on staff that we haven't confirmed....I've got Carl Pelini, Ron Brown, Barney Cotton, Marvin Sanders, Shawn Watson, Ted Gilmore, Mike Ekeler and John Papuchis as eight of the nine guys on staff...I believe that leaves one offensive spot open at this point...I'm hearing it could be Randy Jordan for the final spot.

ekler is going to do very very well for yall. good pick up. i know papuchis personnaly, through his wife, he's been wanting out of br for a while now.

Is he good? Decent? Sucks-ass?

well, we've had the best/some of the best d-lines in in college fb the past few years... so he couldn't be that bad. i don't really know how to judge a position coaches performance .

paraphrase: bo wouldn't have taken him if he weren't worth a damn

ekler is going to do very very well for yall. good pick up. i know papuchis personnaly, through his wife, he's been wanting out of br for a while now.

Hope they like cold winters and hot humid summers.

Don't they have the second there in Louisiana?

Yep they do, but they don't go to below zero in the winter, point being the drastic changes in climate.

Yep they do, but they don't go to below zero in the winter, point being the drastic changes in climate.

I think Ekeler will be fine with the weather... he spent some time at Minnesota-Mankato as Jeff Jamrog's DC... and he grew up an hour from Lincoln...

I have a friend down in LA-- last summer we sort of kept track of each other's weather (I mean, like maybe check it out once a week or so, just for laughs) and she was blown away that we have almost identical weather in the summer... temps were usually the same +/- 3 degrees and the humidity was almost always spot on.