Strength Coach hired

I kind of like the way the staff is rounding out....Harp is right, LSU has had dominant d-lines so a coach that can be connected with can hopefully help out here because everyone knows Nebraska's d-line.

Suh was amazing when he came out of high school. I believe he was rated as the 48th or 49th best player in the country. It will be amazing if this new staff can make him as dominant as a healthy Dorsey(sp) at LSU.

Is strength training coach a purely football position or does it involve all sports? If its the later I would think the position would involve a number of people.

>>>T_O_B

at nebraska it would be just fb. and central michigan jr. tech, it would be all sports.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

You missed the point. You can't tell me wrestling and gymnastics don't need strength training. Strength training is important in all sports, seen the guns on Tiger Woods lately? I have to think that at NE with all the teams and all the athletes that Strength Training is its own Dept.

>>>T_O_B

P.S. I don't know much about CMJT. Did you go there?

Is strength training coach a purely football position or does it involve all sports? If its the later I would think the position would involve a number of people.

>>>T_O_B

at nebraska it would be just fb. and central michigan jr. tech, it would be all sports.

You missed the point. You can't tell me wrestling and gymnastics don't need strength training. Strength training is important in all sports, seen the guns on Tiger Woods lately? I have to think that at NE with all the teams and all the athletes that Strength Training is its own Dept.

>>>T_O_B

At major university each team has their own strengthing coach and sometimes dieticians. At smaller colleges and university that sometimes isn't the case.

>>>T_O_B

>>>T_O_B

At major university each team has their own strengthing coach and sometimes dieticians. At smaller colleges and university that sometimes isn't the case.

gracias.

Mike Ekeler, who is an assistant strength coach at LSU, similar to what Joe Rudolph did at Ohio State is also joining the staff. I've been told Ekeler has a lot of experience and he's real tight with the Pelini's and Stoops'. He's actually from Blair, NE and played at K-State. Another Husker connection is he's former NU All-American Bob Martin's nephew.

Both Ekeler and John Papuchis are already on the road recruiting. So with those two LSU guys on board, I believe that makes one spot left on staff that we haven't confirmed....I've got Carl Pelini, Ron Brown, Barney Cotton, Marvin Sanders, Shawn Watson, Ted Gilmore, Mike Ekeler and John Papuchis as eight of the nine guys on staff...I believe that leaves one offensive spot open at this point...I'm hearing it could be Randy Jordan for the final spot.

Has anyone heard of any possible violations when Ekeler was at KSU? Someone told me was taking test for juco recruits? I thought it was BS but I figured if anyone heard of this you guys would.

Scott

I think that this position is 4th on the list of most important, and may be second. The most important positions on the team are the OL and DL. This guy is entrusted with turning them into monsters. I sincerely hope he does.

>>>T_O_B

Hate to disagree with you with all your 'throw the bones' and other quick barbs. I've met and played golf with Boyd in my foursome. Raised some money for the power lifting club he started. Then....

Told my husker friends on the side that under Solich we were starting to lose the O Line and D Line to other teams. So I had to point my finger to Coach Epply.

The frosting on the cake to my 'conspiracy theory' was I had the opportunity to shake his hand in the parking lot and reintroduce myself where I was tailgaiting after the KSU loss in 2003. I asked how he was doing and he explained a lot of his time was spent on his book and working with sport drink manufacturers.

He's a great guy...and his coatching tree, if anyone takes the time to chart it, is AWESOME with guys now all over the country in other programs. But I point some fingers back at him for losing some focus at the end of his Husker tenure.

Eppley is kinda like Bobby Bowden, he is a legend that did undisputedly great things, but eventually he became a figurehead that needed to move-on.

I'd like to see Bailey back here. He was moved-aside for no reason other than not being pedey's guy.

Some have said Kennedy is the victim of coaches ordering the wrong things from him, that he didn't have a choice. Questionable, but if true I could give him some benefit of the doubt.

IMO the players need to make a stink if they are doing the same crap come winter conditioning.