Bo Pelini Kanye West shirt

Stronger was an awesome song until Kanye West ruined it.

How do you ruin this kind of music? Use real instruments?

Sing?

Daft Punk are musical geniuses. I guess you are too old to appreciate.

That's what they said about Oasis..(Although I like their stuff)

I actually had to look Daft Punk up (Before my time I guess :) )

MJPdVVOmbz4

Guess they're about as quilty as Zeppelin ripping off Willie Dixon. (Although I love their stuff and I named my 2nd Siberian Husky after WD).

Of course there are samples used, they are dj's. They do what they do better than anyone else, IMO. The first time I heard that Kanye West song and it gave no credit to Daft Punk, I wanted to flippin puke. I listen to pretty much whatever(not a huge fan of techno/dance/house/electronica/whatever you would like to call it), but Daft Punk is pretty darn good. My main point was that having Pelini associated with something that Kanye West ripped off was pretty lame.

This is going waaaaaaaay off topic, but to continue the musical discussion...

Folks need to remember that music is one of the most subjective experiences you will encounter - you either "like" a genre or you don't. Nothing wrong either way - I detest those that argue that a dislike of a particular genre is due to a lack of understanding, just as much as I detest those that argue that other forms of music are not worthy of listen.

Music is generational, and for a reason. It is during the teen years (approximately) that music becomes one of the main focuses of life. As you gain experience and a few years, that importance fades a bit - you may still listen to "new" music, but the passion you had diminishes a bit.

Couple that with the fact that music most often evokes memories of specific people, times and places, and that your favorite music most likely evokes those thoughts for those people, places and events that occurred during a time in your life in which you were relatively free of the realities of life (mortgages, taxes, finding or losing a job, children - in other words, responsibility), and it's easy to understand why we tend to get "locked in" on specific music, and why we consider it "the best".

Still don't like rap, though...

Excellent points about the times of your life having such a strong influence in your music tastes.

Although my appreciations for Blues or Motown were developed way after my mid 20's...Johnny Cash, after my mid 30's..

Plus I still have trouble listening to Swedish Folk music and Lawrence Welk (Prevalent on my hometown radio station during my formative years..along with top 40).

I was talking to my new car repairman today about music (He was a former Jazz trombone player who gave it up to start his business)..He went off on a similar rant about how bad music is these days and stated the exact same thing most people I seem to discuss this with..That they "Like all genres except Rap and Country".

I've said that myself, but the more I think about it..I really enjoyed that Willie Nelson concert I took my Sister to before I moved out here (I won the tickets and she's a big fan)...And I still like hearing "Wild Thang" by Tone Loc...So I can't really say I hate those genera..(As a Whole).

Although I still haven't heard a good Pakistani music video..Those suck really hard. :box