Bo Pelini Kanye West shirt

Stronger was an awesome song until Kanye West ruined it.

How do you ruin this kind of music? Use real instruments?

Sing?

go wash your bib overalls. says a lot about your character to make up reasons to hate on music. i make this music. i work with real instruments, real musicians, and real singers/artists everyday.

What does that say about yours, assuming everyone that doesn't like this type of music wheres bib overalls! See it goes both ways! :)

Dayng!

It was meant as a joke.

But I guess I am guilty of linking all this "Pop" music together with "Boy Bands and Brittany"

I used to like Techno back when it was mainly just Kraftwerk and Devo, but it got old real fast and I still wonder why it won't just die...I guess it did take me over a couple of years to get bored with fusion, though.

I try to ignore genres for the most part, but this stuff is almost as bad a Rap and Country as far as eventually making me want to throw a coke machine through a brick wall..Glad I'm not a violent person... <_<

The older I get, the less tolerant I am of mediocre music..And even though I'm 47..I really miss Layne Staley (Alice in Chains) and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I've collected many different kinds of music over the years, but I still cant bring myself to listen to my Michael Bolton cds...Dr. Buzzards Original Savanna Band, Maybe, but a lot of the stuff I listened to or even played in my teens is just plain embarrassing.

Dayng!

It was meant as a joke.

But I guess I am guilty of linking all this "Pop" music together with "Boy Bands and Brittany"

Correct.

That and people sometimes get tired of having the music they like getting looked down upon by older folks who like to talk about "real music".

Sing?

Daft Punk are musical geniuses. I guess you are too old to appreciate.

That's what they said about Oasis..(Although I like their stuff)

I actually had to look Daft Punk up (Before my time I guess :) )

MJPdVVOmbz4

Guess they're about as quilty as Zeppelin ripping off Willie Dixon. (Although I love their stuff and I named my 2nd Siberian Husky after WD).

Dayng!

It was meant as a joke.

Correct.

That and people sometimes get tired of having the music they like getting looked down upon by older folks who like to talk about "real music".

Thin Skinned?

It was usually a favourite subject between my Dad and me (Benny Goodman vs. Chicago and Zeppelin)..and My friends and me(Journey and...ELO?..vs. Commodores, EWF Bob Marley, Slim Whitman...). I usually got ganged up on because my tastes varied so much.

Real Music is still being made..It just seems like we're bombarded by the mediocre stuff by the media because they value glitz over substance..Not saying that's the end of the World..Just reminds me of settling for (5-7) seasons

Dayng!

It was meant as a joke.

Correct.

Thin Skinned?

I was usually a favourite subject between my Dad and me (Benny Goodman vs. Chicago and Zeppelin)..and My friends and me(Journey and...ELO?..vs. Commodores, EWF Bob Marley, Slim Whitman...). I usually got ganged up on because my tastes varied so much.

Real Music is still being made..It just seems like we're bombarded by the mediocre stuff by the media because they value glitz over substance..Not saying that's the end of the World..Just reminds me of settling for (5-7) seasons

Nah, not thin-skinned, but at least for me it gets old. That's all. :dunno

I agree that there is a lot of crap out there, no doubt.

Sing?

go wash your bib overalls. says a lot about your character to make up reasons to hate on music. i make this music. i work with real instruments, real musicians, and real singers/artists everyday.

What does that say about yours, assuming everyone that doesn't like this type of music wheres bib overalls! See it goes both ways! :)

actually it was the first thing i thought of when i looked at his avatar :)

Dayng!

It was meant as a joke.

Correct.

Thin Skinned?

I was usually a favourite subject between my Dad and me (Benny Goodman vs. Chicago and Zeppelin)..and My friends and me(Journey and...ELO?..vs. Commodores, EWF Bob Marley, Slim Whitman...). I usually got ganged up on because my tastes varied so much.

i am guilty of having a large well rounded music library as well. i agree as far as being bombarded with mediocre music... hell most of it is plain wack these days. i am a hip-hop head at heart and i will be the first to say that a lot/most of the rap/r&b that makes it to your radio's these days is trash. its just the "that kind of music is garbage" comments that really grinds my gears. some of it gives todays music a bad name, and thats not right.

actually it was the first thing i thought of when i looked at his avatar :)

I wish they still fit..I tried going (trick or treatin') last Halloween as Herbie and couldn't button the side panel without putting my kids at risk of getting an eye put out. (Amazing how many people out here know who Herbie is) :madash

Dayng!

It was meant as a joke.

Correct.

Thin Skinned?

It was usually a favourite subject between my Dad and me (Benny Goodman vs. Chicago and Zeppelin)..and My friends and me(Journey and...ELO?..vs. Commodores, EWF Bob Marley, Slim Whitman...). I usually got ganged up on because my tastes varied so much.

i am guilty of having a large well rounded music library as well. i agree as far as being bombarded with mediocre music... hell most of it is plain wack these days. i am a hip-hop head at heart and i will be the first to say that a lot/most of the rap/r&b that makes it to your radio's these days is trash. its just the "that kind of music is garbage" comments that really grinds my gears. some of it gives todays music a bad name, and thats not right.

It probably seems like we have way more wack? music now days just because everybody and his Brother has put out a Rap Album..That..and We're inundated with so many more stations (And Internet or Satellite)

It (bad stuff) was similar to my day when KISS put out a Disco album..The main difference I see in the Music Business these days is that people that can't dance have no chance of getting heard unless they are Grandfathered in (See Led Zep O2 Concert a couple nights ago).

I remember hoping Disco wouldn't last more than a year or two (But I'll still torture my kids with some Bee Gees) and also hoping Rap would die a quick death, but I noticed last night..It's been around for over 20 years.

I read one time where Mozart was practically disowned by his Dad for playing his "trash"..So I doubt generations will ever totally agree on what's good.

I worry about the lack of funding for Music in schools and fear the long term effects will cause Music to get even worse, overall..It's natural to feel concern for others, but I also get some appreciation for other kinds of music just from arguing with DaveH? on the merits of Snoppy Dogg (Sorry..Snoop)..Before joining in a conversation with him, I wouldn't even have thought of searching youtube for a clip..(And here I thought he just did square dance songs about the Red Barron).

Give me all the crap you want for still liking Pablo Cruise or Marvin Gaye..It won't change how I feel about them.

I almost put in a Beach Boys "Endless Summer" CD today because it actually was Sleeting out here today.

(Nothing can get me out of Winter Blues more better than Surf Music..Dick Dale, Anyone?)

GWw55XhTehg

This is going waaaaaaaay off topic, but to continue the musical discussion...

Folks need to remember that music is one of the most subjective experiences you will encounter - you either "like" a genre or you don't. Nothing wrong either way - I detest those that argue that a dislike of a particular genre is due to a lack of understanding, just as much as I detest those that argue that other forms of music are not worthy of listen.

Music is generational, and for a reason. It is during the teen years (approximately) that music becomes one of the main focuses of life. As you gain experience and a few years, that importance fades a bit - you may still listen to "new" music, but the passion you had diminishes a bit.

Couple that with the fact that music most often evokes memories of specific people, times and places, and that your favorite music most likely evokes those thoughts for those people, places and events that occurred during a time in your life in which you were relatively free of the realities of life (mortgages, taxes, finding or losing a job, children - in other words, responsibility), and it's easy to understand why we tend to get "locked in" on specific music, and why we consider it "the best".

Still don't like rap, though...