TTU was definitely for real!

IrishAZ

Ok...call me crazy, but I like it when teams we've lost to win. Sort of like a Samurai saying I heard once - "Respect your foe, lest you worsen your defeats and cheapen your victories".

Playing good competition is what it's all about, and I'll tell you what - watching the Red Raiders put a hurting on Cal makes the 70 they hung on us a little easier to take. Even if the whiney PAC-10 folks are winding up for the "They weren't up for it because the BCS snubbed them" excuse, Cal should have come out to prove something, and all they did was prove the BCS was right. :blink:

They are by far better than the 7-4 they earned this year. Congrats to TTU for a great showing for the Big 12!

By the same token, Go Middies! :)

IRISH!

I agree with you completely. Cumbie missed quite a few open receivers too and it could have been a lot worse. I think Texas Tech has a wealth of talent on offense and their defense has improved over the years. They play a little inconsistent and usually lose at least 1 game a year that they shouldn't(New Mexico this year). Eventually they are gonna put it all together and raise hell in the Big 12 South.

This type of offense is sick

*You have to respect OU even more. They stuck it to TTech and held them down. No one else could do that.

*This offense reminds me of a basketball team in Iowa(I think it's Grinnell College). All they shoot are three pointers. They play no defense..literally. They sub in players five at a time.

Kind of makes you think we'll be playing our asses off next year to just try and crack into the top half of the Big 12. While the North was getting lazy from success, the South was getting bigger and better athletes as well as coaches. There is not one team in the North this year that would have finished better than 5th in my opinion in the South division. After seeing the bowl games and how well the Southern teams have played in the bowls, I don't see the Huskers having much success next year. We're going to find out what the Iowa States and Missouri football programs have gone through. It's going to be a long hard battle back to the top because the programs we're playing are just that much better than we are!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there only two coaches left in the Big 12 who have ever beat OU (Stoops)? I don't see that changing in the near future. Oh well, there used to be three until he was fired!

Kind of makes you think we'll be playing our asses off next year to just try and crack into the top half of the Big 12. While the North was getting lazy from success, the South was getting bigger and better athletes as well as coaches. There is not one team in the North this year that would have finished better than 5th in my opinion in the South division. After seeing the bowl games and how well the Southern teams have played in the bowls, I don't see the Huskers having much success next year. We're going to find out what the Iowa States and Missouri football programs have gone through. It's going to be a long hard battle back to the top because the programs we're playing are just that much better than we are!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there only two coaches left in the Big 12 who have ever beat OU (Stoops)? I don't see that changing in the near future. Oh well, there used to be three until he was fired!

Exactly, OU is just restocking the shelves right now. If they continue to pull 4 star players you can expect to see them in the top five for some time.