There is really no difference in GH III graphic wise between consoles. I've played them both on PS2 and 360 and noticed little to no difference. Rock Band is a GREAT game, by the way. It is around $170 for everything but it's similar to Guitar Hero. It has a lot of songs that GH III has and a major plus for me is that more than 1 person can play at a time.

Grapics don't matter to much with the game anyway, but if you like the series definitely get the game.

actually never played any of the series...was just wondering what the appeal is...I also read some good reviews of rock band, but doens't the setup cost like $170?

Yes Rockband cost 170 and the only way i would get it is if you play with other people a lot. If not it is esistiantly the same as Guitar Hero.

My two cents:

The appeal that the Guitar Hero games give people, even if they refuse to admit it, is pretending to play the guitar. The game just oozes fun for so many people, due to the adoration of the guitar instrument in our society. This game is the closest anyone could come to grinding out some face-melting riffs without actually playing a real guitar.

Guitar Hero III is the next logical step in the franchise. It has more master tracks than ever before (as opposed to covers of popular songs, master tracks are the real thing), a large handful of classics mixed with new, and can be insanely difficult for even the best experts but also very easy for newcomers.

Rock Band is the most complete and expansive music game to ever be released. For $70 more (GHIII bundle costs $100, I think), you get a guitar controller, a drumset with 4 pads, and a microphone, as opposed to just a guitar. Seems like a steal right? Not quite. GHIII's trump card is that it's solo mode (and even a co-op career mode) is very fleshed out and complete. If you were to compare just, say, the guitar element of Rock Band with GH, GH would blow Rock Band away, because of a greater variety of songs, harder difficulty, and more options. Keep in mind that Rock Band is designed to be a multiplayer game, so the experience was tuned to meet that demand. However, to me personally, the drums on Rock Band are the funnest time I have had with a game in quite a long time, even moreso than Guitar Hero. Also, plenty of times I have played long Guitar Hero sessions which wore me out on the game for a while, but with Rock Band if you get sick of one instrument you have two (sort of three, there is an option for lead or bass guitar) to switch too and keep the experience fresh.

Either one is a good pick, just depends on which one suits you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...