Nebraska National Championships

not only were the Huskers the undisputed champs in 97......they had the best 'TEAM' ever assembled in college football in 1995.....imo......watch the game tape of the national championship if you are a non-believer

The 1995 Huskers

Tom Osborne's team won its second consecutive national championship (as part of a 26-game winning streak) by blowing through a schedule that included three Top 10 teams, and then whipped No. 2 Florida in the Fiesta Bowl with an unbelievable 62-24 statement

I still believe the 71 team was better. !983 had a pretty awesome husker squad too. I think the 71 team would have beaten the 95 squad head to head though.

I would have to disagree sir. That 95 team is the greatest college football team i've ever seen. Everyone they played, got absolutely crushed.

not only were the Huskers the undisputed champs in 97......they had the best 'TEAM' ever assembled in college football in 1995.....imo......watch the game tape of the national championship if you are a non-believer

The 1995 Huskers

Tom Osborne's team won its second consecutive national championship (as part of a 26-game winning streak) by blowing through a schedule that included three Top 10 teams, and then whipped No. 2 Florida in the Fiesta Bowl with an unbelievable 62-24 statement

I still believe the 71 team was better. !983 had a pretty awesome husker squad too. I think the 71 team would have beaten the 95 squad head to head though.

I would have to disagree sir. That 95 team is the greatest college football team i've ever seen. Everyone they played, got absolutely crushed.

Well, feel what you feel..for me, speaking as one who has seen both teams play, I believe the '71 squad was just a little better..

In rentrospect, the teams we played in '71 may have been better than the ones we played in 95 as well. So the was less separation. If I recall correctly, NU, Oklahoma and Colorado finished the year ranked 1,2 and 3...and Mizzou was pretty tough at the time too...so that would indicated the big 8 was awfully tough that year. I doubt the 95 conference would rise to that level, so that would make the '95 team look a lot better too. So the question then is, who would fare better? The 71 team against the 95 schedule , or the 95 team against the 71 schedule? I think 71 would dominate the eitheryear more completely.