Nebraska National Championships

1997 (Shared with Michigan, did we share the '70 or '71 titles?)

2007 (Shared with LSU)

:P

We didn't share sh#t with Michigan, who got the trophy :)

I wanted us to play them, didn't matter where, Memorial Stadium, the Big House, a parking lot, didn't matter...

2007 (Shared with LSU)

Shared with texas in 1970

Back then, the "UPI" poll named their champion prior to the bowls.

1. Texas

2. Ohio St.

3. Nebraska

After Texas & Oh St lost their bowl games, Nebraska won the AP poll.

2007 (Shared with LSU)

Funny. :)

1997 - we were cheated, plain and simple. There's nothing that irks me more than to hear some commentator talk about Michigan's 1997 "championship" or to hear Wolverines fans yack on about how they won the title. I point out to them that they had every opportunity to play for the REAL title, all they had to do was play in a REAL conference that wasn’t so wrapped up in itself. Bunch of posers, they are.

We were the best team in 1997, we have the trophy that counts, and we have the right and secure knowledge that if we would have lined up across the field from Michigan that year, we would have trounced them and ended all doubt in their minds.

Husker fans know who was the best team that year. Wolverines fans can delude themselves all they want. At the end of the day, they know who the real champion was that year.

They know.

:bonez

LOL, you guys need to let 1997 go. If you think we got jobbed in 1997, go ask Penn State what they think of 1994. Every fan base has their own opinion. I'm betting USC and Georgia somewhat feel like they had a claim this year. Until there is a playoff, expect more of the same which will be always because more than likely we'll never see a playoff.

LOL, you guys need to let 1997 go. If you think we got jobbed in 1997, go ask Penn State what they think of 1994. Every fan base has their own opinion. I'm betting USC and Georgia somewhat feel like they had a claim this year. Until there is a playoff, expect more of the same which will be always because more than likely we'll never see a playoff.

That was makeup call from when Nebraska got screwed during the 1982 year vs Penn St.

While I truly believe that NU would have killed Michigan in 1997, I love the fact that it's still argued about 10 years later. This is what makes college football so great; we still care and will argue with people about whose team is better a decade later.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I would hate to see college football go the way of the NFL with a playoff system. Does it really matter if it's a mythical national championship? Not to me! The passion of the fans that continues 365 days a year, not just at Nebraska but across the country, is what makes college football what it is.

A day or two after the Super Bowl... who cares who won?