New Strength Coach

James Dobson, Iowa Assistant

Bio

what's that based on ?

If your wondering where I heard it from, then I got it from Sean Callahan on Huskers Illustrated

:dunno

:wtf

Nebraska used to be the cutting edge to Weight & Conditioning and now were resorting to picking an assistant from Iowa? Whats next someone from Kansas...never mind.

Haven't posted in a while but thought I should chime in here. I too am a little concerned with the lack of experience of this staff...BUT...let's not start erecting crucifixes just yet. They certainly CAN'T be any worse than all of the "experience" we had on the staff last season. The thing that really has me optimistic is this staffs apparent youth. I think they have a better chance of "connecting" with the players as some of them really aren't that far removed from what the players are experiencing.

Haven't posted in a while but thought I should chime in here. I too am a little concerned with the lack of experience of this staff...BUT...let's not start erecting crucifixes just yet. They certainly CAN'T be any worse than all of the "experience" we had on the staff last season. The thing that really has me optimistic is this staffs apparent youth. I think they have a better chance of "connecting" with the players as some of them really aren't that far removed from what the players are experiencing.

Yes, youth can also bring new ideas in terms of scheme or motivation.

Young coaches they may be.. and lack the experience that older coaches have, but...With youth comes creativity and energy. And Football IS a young man's game.....

Osborne was 35 when he became a head coach. Devaney was 47 when he took over here and he had been a head coach for some time before that. Stoops was what? 30-something when he took over at OU... How old is Urban Meyer now?

food for thought...

Keep in mind that BO will not be the kind of coach that avoids the hard questions when evaluating his staff. I dont think BO will have a problem replacing people who dont produce as was witnessed by the last regime. I think it will be a given that this staff will know where exactly the buck stops. :box