Question about bowl games

MVPujols

So the winner of the big 12 goes to the Fiesta bowl... But what if the winner of the big 12 is undefeted, and they play for the national title. Does the big 12 runner up go to the fiesta?

not necessarily. There really aren't any set actions taken depending on who wins what game and who gets the at large bids. Usually its the 6 conference champs + the 4 best teams who didn't win their conference.

Confirm the above..take the pansie...er I mean the Rose Bowl this year. They had a lot of options but took the pansies from Illinois. And they took a hit on tv ratings.

The Pansie Bowl is also vehemently against a football playoff.

So, I say bring on a football playoff system and not include the Big 10, Pac 10, and the Pansie Bowl.

After a couple of years, they'll petition to get back "N"

BTW, I think NBC can't wait for their experiment with the mighty irish nation to move on too.

Just my two cents worth.

So the winner of the big 12 goes to the Fiesta bowl... But what if the winner of the big 12 is undefeted, and they play for the national title. Does the big 12 runner up go to the fiesta?

not necessarily. There really aren't any set actions taken depending on who wins what game and who gets the at large bids. Usually its the 6 conference champs + the 4 best teams who didn't win their conference.

Case in point...when Texas played for the national championship wasnt another Big XII team in the BCS?

:bang:bang:bang:bang

Hothing is ever going to happen, the BCS stinks,STINKS. There will never be a playoff, too much money involved for the bowls, and the Rose Bowl, Big 10 and PAC 10 are obstructionists. Simply go back to the way it was, "If its not broke don't fix it!" Let ESPN and the sports writers go F themselves!!

>>>T_O_B

:bang:bang:bang:bang

Case in point...when Texas played for the national championship wasnt another Big XII team in the BCS?

No, only UT was in BCS, Big 12 was HORRIBLE in 2005! The second best team was OU, which was rebuilding and they beat Oregon in the Holiday Bowl 17-14. UT payed and destroyed CU twice, including 70 points in the Big 12 game. 1 team min and 2 max for BCS, and only if one is worthy, the Big 10 didn't deserve 2, but got two because BCS was BS!

It is the Big 10 and Pac 10 that are obstructing a playoff. There was a lot of talk a few weeks ago about the possibility of a "plus one" system, where they use the current BCS system to match up 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 with the winners of those two games going one to play an extra bowl game to determine the champion. IMHO, that would solve most of the problems. the Big 10 and Pac 10 won't agree to it, however. they argue that the Rose Bowl is so special, blah blah blah. it is funny that the Big 10 and Pac 10 don't realize that everyone else thinks of the Rose Bowl as just another one of the major bowls...

Confirm the above..take the pansie...er I mean the Rose Bowl this year. They had a lot of options but took the pansies from Illinois. And they took a hit on tv ratings.

The Pansie Bowl is also vehemently against a football playoff.

So, I say bring on a football playoff system and not include the Big 10, Pac 10, and the Pansie Bowl.

After a couple of years, they'll petition to get back "N"

BTW, I think NBC can't wait for their experiment with the mighty irish nation to move on too.

Just my two cents worth.

Rose Bowl has to the take the best conference finishers from the Big 10 and PAC-10 (why, cuase the Rose Bowl and the 2 conferences it represents are gay). If the conference winner goes to the NC game, then the next in line goes, which was Illinois.

It is the Big 10 and Pac 10 that are obstructing a playoff. There was a lot of talk a few weeks ago about the possibility of a "plus one" system, where they use the current BCS system to match up 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 with the winners of those two games going one to play an extra bowl game to determine the champion. IMHO, that would solve most of the problems. the Big 10 and Pac 10 won't agree to it, however. they argue that the Rose Bowl is so special, blah blah blah. it is funny that the Big 10 and Pac 10 don't realize that everyone else thinks of the Rose Bowl as just another one of the major bowls...

It may be just a bowl to everybody else, but it's special to them. It's called TRADITION and they want to keep it. We understood that around here once upon a time.......

Just remember guys, the Big 10/Pac 10/Rose Bowl had to be PUSHED into the BCS when it started. They very clearly said at the time that it wasn't a FIRST step towrd a playoff..it was the LAST step they would take. They've never shied away from that position. They don't want a playoff, they want to play for the Rose Bowl.

So why complain about them? We knew going in that they would go no farther. Just proves people will never be satisfied. The NCAA can implement a playoff without them anytime and won't do it. Don't pick on the big 10/pac 10/Rose Bowl. Criticize the NCAA for walking away from it's history in the first place just to make more money.