Depth Chart

Believe...Huskers can win early....

Yes our recruiting class dropped from top 10 to out of the top 25....but the Huskers have some hidden talent from all of the good recruiting classes Callahan brought in, but did not a) motivate and B) use to each players best strengths...

Kansas hasnt had monster recruiting classes, but they put together a good coaching staff and developed their players into a great team....

Bo WILL do the same for college footballs most storied team ever.....

Offense

TE Hunter Teafatiller could share time with one of the new Fr TEs

LT ? what side will we see Baker Steinkuhler on?

LG Keith Williams or Jacob Hickman

C ???

RG Matt Slauson

RT Jaivorio Burkes

WR Niles Paul-speedster

WR Menelik Holt / Nate Swift (good hands)

FB Quentin Castille (it would be nice to have him on the field as much as possible) / Thomas Lawson

IB Marlon Lucky..awesome catching and running / Cody Glenn -all Glen ever did was break tackles and score td's...give him some love and some playing time...callahan did NOT

QB Joe Ganz

Defense

DE Barry Turner (he will be a monster)

DT Ty Steinkuhler

NT Ndamuknog Suh (he will have a good senior year under this coaching staff)

DE Baker Steinkuhler -Fr (from the look of things this kid can play anywhere on either line / Clayton Sievers

SAM ????? 'who wants it...or can theBigRed recruit a 4star to compete for the job'

MIKE Phillip Dillard

WILL Major Culbert

CB Armando Murillo / Anthony Blue

CB Anthony West / David Whitmore -Fr

SS Larry Asante

FS Rickey Thenarse

...the exciting thing is players can come in and compete...Nebraska can develop players as good or better as anyone......5-Star Simi Kuli doesnt want to be a Husker? ..big deal...we will develop one of the young athletic talents from Texas High School football to be a future NFLer....

In Texas, High School football is big for all of the people, focusing recruitment there this year was good....In Nebraska...there is nothing more loved than college football and the Huskers.....this could make for an under-rated combination for future talent....

..next year we go back to a bowl game and start building for our National Championship run....forget the 5 year plan....lets call it the 3 year plan....

I see the depth chart as a little different.

TE: Teafatiller/McNeill/Hill

WR: Swift/Paul

WR: Peterson/Holt

LT: Murtha/M. Jones

LG: Williams/Hickman

C: Christiansen/Hickman

RG: Slausen/Huff

RT: Burkes/D. Jones

FB: Lawson/Makovicka

RB: Lucky/Castille/Glenn

QB: Ganz/Lee/Witt

DE: Turner/Sievers

DT: Suh/Barfield

DT: Steinkuhler/Dixon

DE: Potter/Allen

SAM: Lawrence/Stafford

MIKE: Dillard/Covey

WILL: Asante/Grove

SS: Culbert/Washington

FS: Thenarse

CB: Murillo/West

CB: Blue or Prince

sounds good, but in reality, it IS a 5-6 year plan, minimum.

Call me a homer but I think I'd have to agree with the 3-year plan. Bowl game next year and build from there. I think the depth chart could be different than what we think it is because this coaching staff WILL play the players who deserve to be on the field. My sleeper is Zac Lee at QB.

which of the recruits can come in and play next year? ...i think the new coaching staff has been able to salvage a huge recruiting skid by promising some of the young players the opportunity to be on the field....and out of the defensive players recruited how do they stack up in your opinion...3star and 2star recruits....

which of the recruits can come in and play next year? ...i think the new coaching staff has been able to salvage a huge recruiting skid by promising some of the young players the opportunity to be on the field....and out of the defensive players recruited how do they stack up in your opinion...3star and 2star recruits....

I don't see anyone outside of recievers getting any playing time next year....injuries could change that...but the Offense seems to be stacked.

the defense will be a crap shoot....between 07 redshirts and returners from last year....I don't see a rush of true freshman starters.....but I do see alot of playing time for the incoming DB's and safeties as well as LB's just too add depth and injuries may force a guy like Compton into the lineup

sounds good, but in reality, it IS a 5-6 year plan, minimum.

Call me a homer but I think I'd have to agree with the 3-year plan. Bowl game next year and build from there. I think the depth chart could be different than what we think it is because this coaching staff WILL play the players who deserve to be on the field. My sleeper is Zac Lee at QB.

I'm not sure what plan you guy's are talking about, but if we make it to a bowl game this year wouldn't that make it a one year plan. If we go to a bowl game and win, that's a significant improvement from a year ago. :woo

I see the depth chart as a little different.

TE: Teafatiller/McNeill/Hill

WILL: Asante/Grove

SS: Culbert/Washington

Looks pretty good, DJR. Blue is a very good corner; it would be great to see what Amukamara can do at safety.

Also look for Baker Steinkuhler to slide into the DL rotation along side his bro.

It would not be a surprise for the 2-deep DE's to undergo a shake-up as well....

TE: Hill/McNeill/Teafatillier

WILL: Culbert/Grove

SS: Asante/Washington

TE: Hill/McNeill/Teafatillier

WILL: Culbert/Grove

SS: Asante/Washington

I forsee a changing of the guard in the receiver core. The young guys all seem way too talented to keep off the field. Holt, Brooks, Paul and Henry all seem like they could be pretty exciting players. The veterans like Swift and Peterson will still get their catches, but we know what we can expect from them. I am more excited to see what the young guys are capable of.

I'm pretty confident in saying that if you told Bo it was a 5-6 year turnaround plan you'd probably get a stare you would not soon forget. I bet Bo and his young,aggressive, energetic staff are probably thinking more like an 8 or 9 month turnaround ... and we Nebraska fans already had to take one year off ( I think last year as a non-existent year) so I for one am in a "deny reality" state and I'm thinking big things now with Bo.

:restore:bonez

I forsee a changing of the guard in the receiver core. The young guys all seem way too talented to keep off the field. Holt, Brooks, Paul and Henry all seem like they could be pretty exciting players. The veterans like Swift and Peterson will still get their catches, but we know what we can expect from them. I am more excited to see what the young guys are capable of.

This will be Brook's 3rd year here. I doubt he actually make any kind of mark.

Yea, the young guys always look good, but the grass isn't always greener.