Your favorite/not so favorite

kramer

Ahhh...what a great question! Upon pondering this, it became evident I have many subtle variations in my view of other college teams (I just love college football in general, so it's natural for the variance to exist).

On the positive side...

If it's not obvious yet - Notre Dame. Love, absolutely *love* ND. Born there. Mom's a St. Mary's grad. Knew the Athletic Department, Coach Devine, Rockne's grandson and family...the works. It just doesn't get much better than ND for college football.

In the highly respected, like to watch them play, gaining an bigger emotional attachment as the years go by, consider them one of the last "good guys" in NCAA football., own a couple of t-shirts, category is the Huskers. Next to ND, nothing else represents college football better than the BIG RED!

In the fun to watch, wished we played them category: Boise St., Fresno St. (I dig Pat Hill), and Texas.

In the root for them because they're the underdogs usually but glad when they do well category: the service academies, Marshall and Bowling Green.

In the grudging respect only admitted in private and want them to stay good so ND can beat them but publically bashed category: USC.

On the flipside...

In the hate their fans and dislike the team category: Clemson, Colorado, Purdue, Boston College, Oklahoma and Michigan.

In the chuckle when they lose because they're so ovedrrated it's not funny category: KSU, Cal, Alabama, and anyone in the SEC that's not in the Florda Big 3.

In the hate the coach and therfore the team category: Rick Neuweasel, Dennis Erickson (just got canned...HAHAHAHA), Jimmy Johnson and Tommy Bowden.

And finally, in the absolutely despised, glad when they lose, root for anyone who plays them, can't wait for the death penalty and major NCAA sanctions and will laugh when it happens category, the Florida 3 - UF, FSU and the 'Caines of scUM!!!

IRISH!

I used to like Michigan back in the early 90's, mainly because of Desmond Howard, Elvis Grbac, Tyrone Wheatley and Tim Biakkabatuka. Not too much of a fan nowadays. I root for the UNO Mavericks too.

Teams that I dispise:

Penn State, Notre Dame, Miami, Florida State, Florida, Kansas State, Colorado